Throttle return spring location

live4theking

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I'm removing the factory AC from the 440 in my 68 NYer. In removing the factory AC bracket the bracket for the throttle returm springs is going to end up being mounted about 3/4" - 1" lower.

Is this lower angle going to impact the function of the springs? Was there a taller bracket for a non AC car?

Thanks

Here's factory non ac set-up. That bracket shouldn't be difficult to find, I may even have an extra.

IMG_20170606_101843778.jpg

I'm removing the factory AC from the 440 in my 68 NYer. In removing the factory AC bracket the bracket for the throttle returm springs is going to end up being mounted about 3/4" - 1" lower.

Is this lower angle going to impact the function of the springs? Was there a taller bracket for a non AC car?

Thanks

Is the spring bracket mounted on top of the A/C bracket or under it? It is supposed to be mounted under it. If that is the case, then the lower position would be correct, and you would be good to go.

Spring angle doesn't usually impact the throttle, but can impact the kickdown lever.
Thanks!

Here's factory non ac set-up. That bracket shouldn't be difficult to find, I may even have an extra.

View attachment 127303
Matt,
Thanks for the picture. Mine definitely doesn't have the tab that extends over to the other bolt hole.

Is the spring bracket mounted on top of the A/C bracket or under it? It is supposed to be mounted under it. If that is the case, then the lower position would be correct, and you would be good to go.
Mine was mounted on top of the AC bracket. That was what caused my concern.

Back