Time to brake the donuts...

Kanters ??? Are they something we have out here but under a different name ? We have pep boys almost totally worthless unless you hit an old school ghetto store, auto-zone ours is terrible but the Palmdale one is okay. And then there are my two favorites. Car Quest in Littlerock is so old school it’s scary and the O’reilly in Newhall which is an old school checker auto - they MADE them change the name or it would still say checker outside. Then our NAPA is just a NAPA they just sell parts.

I can´t answer myself, so have a look: Kanter Auto Products, Vintage, Antique, & Classic Auto Parts

Brakes ordered. That Craig is one cool cat to have on our side !!!

0E235A9B-F384-4C75-AD3F-80FA070E712C.jpeg

Looks like I’m hitchhiking for the next little bit...

Gov. Moonbeam will be really upset with your choice of brake lining material.

Dave

Last edited:
Wow Craig is the man!!! Called him Tuesday night he shipped them Wednesday morning and they made it by Friday. That’s insane.

66AF4CF6-02B9-40E1-822B-004334CD6CCB.jpeg

Kinda looked over my shoulder (thanks Dave...) and opened the box.

4AA73412-1ABD-4CA9-BBA6-4CD766313EE0.jpeg

Now that’s a flyer!!!

9960ED68-94C2-4B43-A0BF-254C53A0FD46.jpeg

Look at that. A thing of beauty. Thank you Craig the boss gets back Sunday night & I’ll be done by Saturday afternoon. Just plain awesome.

Thanks man. You were making me feel a little guilty. Honestly I drive the piss out of this thing. I did the brakes chasing Kenny Wayne Sheppard’s demon thru Malibu canyon and on this last trip to the car show I knew in my heart it was brake time. They just worked so good for so long but I could feel it in the pedal you know what I mean?
That's what I mean when I wonder why nobody ever hears or feels anything... You've got to have some sense about how your car feels and sounds to catch stuff before it becomes a bigger problem. Nice catch :thumbsup:

That's what I mean when I wonder why nobody ever hears or feels anything... You've got to have some sense about how your car feels and sounds to catch stuff before it becomes a bigger problem. Nice catch :thumbsup:
You mean the brake pedal going down more and more over the years means something? :poke:

Everything went together pretty easy. Grease ain’t supposed to have grass and dog hair in it so in addition to the wheel cyl kits I picked up a new tub of the good stuff. The wheel cyl kits were 3 bucks each so for the price of one new cyl I did em all. Bearings were fine so I repacked em and called it good. Sorry Dave I’ll do the axels when it’s not 45 degrees outside. They’ve been tip top so far knock on wood. Drums cleaned up real swell thank goodness there’s Still some old school shops around that do good work & take pride in what they do.

98201010-F5E1-491B-9CF4-78FE108CE30B.jpeg

Forgot how much fun it is to swap the adjuster lug from the old shoe to the new

D14A9736-AB1F-4935-994C-2AD781D2D7EE.jpeg

Still lay it all out as I clean up all the little bits. I’ve never trusted my memory when it comes to drum brakes.

EEAC34C8-B339-450A-A68C-977C4E44A7B3.jpeg

5512CE5E-8EF5-4392-9058-78BA53E61C47.jpeg

There’s the bendix part number for the e-brake arm. Just in case anyone needs it.

36D0A883-8FDB-4430-94FD-FD74198537F1.jpeg

Space heater did the trick. Can’t believe how cold it got, it’s even dusted the mountains around us with snow.

F091A039-1799-4EE3-B9E3-AA1D10F9949F.jpeg

Got it done but it’s too late and too cold to adjust and bed the shoes. I’ll report back how they performed later.

Last edited:
Everything went together pretty easy. Grease ain’t supposed to have grass and dog hair in it so in addition to the wheel cyl kits I picked up a new tub of the good stuff. The wheel cyl kits were 3 bucks each so for the price of one new cyl I did em all. Bearings were fine so I repacked em and called it good. Sorry Dave I’ll do the axels when it’s not 45 degrees outside. They’ve been tip top so far knock on wood. Drums cleaned up real swell thank goodness there’s Still some old school shops around that do good work & take pride in what they do.

View attachment 234058

Forgot how much fun it is to swap the adjuster lug from the old shoe to the new

View attachment 234059

Still lay it all out as I clean up all the little bits. I’ve never trusted my memory when it comes to drum brakes.

View attachment 234060

View attachment 234061

There’s the bendix part number for the e-brake arm. Just in case anyone needs it.

View attachment 234062

Space heater did the trick. Can’t believe how cold it got, it’s even dusted the mountains around us with snow.

View attachment 234063

Got it done but it’s too late and too cold to adjust and bed the shoes. I’ll report back how they performed later.

The Fury`s got a smooth paint job on it!

I'm glad I get shoes with those pins in them! Just swap and go for this guy.

The Fury`s got a smooth paint job on it!
The best $300 paint job maaco could do !!! It’s been a year and I still haven’t waxed it. I’m trying to keep that new paint job look as long as I can. Anybody that’s ever waxed a new enamel paint job for the first time knows what I mean. It just never looks the same...

Hey, also, while I am here, and you are all reading this -- I have some massive bills to pay at the end of the calendar year 2018 ---
only 18 days away, with holidays galore with the Post Office closed........
If any one would like some EXTRA DISCOUNT on ROTORS, DRUMS, N.O.S. Brake Pads & Brake Shoes ----
from 6 cylinder to 4 - piston caliper parts ------ call me now ----- I will do you EXTRA right!!!!!! Yours, Craig......

Well jumbo is back to normal. My professional diagnosis was e-brakeitis. Looks like the former owner drove with the e brake applied for a long smokey while. The fronts weren’t bad but as long as I was looking I yanked them too. Driver rear was smoked and the other side shoes were checkered with cracks. We were blessed with beautiful weather and the girls were both gone today. So i adjusted - bedded - adjusted a little more and they now stop firm and arrow straight. I didn’t do any panic stuff because I want to wear them in a bit more. A good firm pedal and passing the drunk test straight in a line first shot is as much as I can ask for. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions & thanks for turning me onto Craig.

D11FDD7E-7C0A-4BB9-9F61-276CD98483D8.jpeg

Santa’s workshop is closed for 2018

42A7988D-E688-4439-8D58-B4107B12CA72.jpeg

Asbestos is our friend.

Back