Tire Kickers!

It seems to be the technologies doing today. Nobody wants to deal in person anymore. Even sellers... Everyone wants to deal over the phone, or via email.

That’s ok I guess for long distance type stuff. But pointless in local everyday things.

Case in point was the Magnum I just went to look at. Seller seemed surprised I actually wanted to come look at it before making an offer. Kept trying to deal through messages.

Of coarse once there I seen why. He wanted running/driving project car $$ for a parts car.

I’ve been on the other side as well, and it drives you nuts! I understand it to some extent. Never know unless you ask, but Jesus... First lines “I got $1200 for your $3500 asking price”. Why bother? Don’t even ask questions about the car, thats just the opening line. GTF outs here! LOL

Too many ppl watching american pickers and getting tactics from them. I had my truck for 5grand FIRM! Guy came looked at it offered me half and I told him no way are we in same ball park. Goodbye. He then quickly offered $3,500 but i was too pissed off and kept the truck. That was 3yrs ago and still have it lol

I sell brand new car trailers. lowest price in the state. My ads clearly say "price is firm out the door".
I'll get the stupid offers always. It's like dude, the isn't the Marrakesh open air bazaar.
I often have to back up something I type for the sake of politeness.
Some people are window lickers.

PS- then you have the "cash" guy.
I'll give you $xxx CASH. Like hey dickweed, I'm not taking a check.

I believe the generic response for my area is “would you take an Xbox with “x” number of games, in on trade?”.

Yes I’m selling a car. I really want your 20 year old game system.

I swear no matter what I’ve posted I always get that offer at least once for every item. I remember pissing a guy off. I have a PS4 I never use, and asked if they had anything that would go with that. He got a little defensive basically saying he couldn’t afford that. Then why TF you trying to buy my item??

Too many ppl watching american pickers and getting tactics from them. I had my truck for 5grand FIRM! Guy came looked at it offered me half and I told him no way are we in same ball park. Goodbye. He then quickly offered $3,500 but i was too pissed off and kept the truck. That was 3yrs ago and still have it lol

Would you take $3650? Cash? :poke:

I just had my Zero Turn listed on FB. It was $3600 new, 2 years ago. I listed it for $1,500 (I usually skip nonsense haggling, and price things pretty close to what I'd sell it for) and I had three people in the same week:

"Would you take $1,200 cash today?"
I replied, "Sure, if you can pick it up before 9pm tonight, it's yours for $1,200."
Never got a response.

All 3 were like that. They offer me a price, I agree to it, and they go silent.

The guy who ended up buying it was someone who messaged me 5 days prior and said, "If you still have it on Friday, I'll buy it."
When he showed up yesterday and liked the mower, I said "Hey, the battery is gonna need replacing soon, make it $1,400." He was happy as can be.

I had a ‘75 charger parts car that I had picked up for my Córdoba. I picked everything off of it that I had wanted. This was back at the old place, so wanted to get rid of it ASAP, as space was limited, and HOA would be bitching soon.

Car was still a rolling shell still with some parts on it if wanted. I offered it up for free, for scrap metal. Had a bunch of guys message, and BS me. They were still trying to haggle over something for free!!

One guy gets ahold of me. Says he’ll come get it tonight. I thought awesome, come get it. So I hold it for the afternoon for him. This jerkoff shows up in a little 4 dr Kia. He takes the “good” stuff- radiator, condenser, and what not, then tells me he is going to send his buddy with a tow truck later in the night, or possibly tomorrow.

Car sits in the driveway for 3 damn days. Finally a friend of a friend was more then happy to come get it as soon as I called him. I call dick head up to let him know not to worry about picking up the rest of the car. He got all pissy with me.... “I’m sending my guy right now to get it”. Told him too late, it’s already being loaded. He proceeded to tell me how that ain’t right, blah, blah blah.

People suck. LOL

I just had a guy offer me a pt cruiser for trade. I said "i dont want a pt cruiser, i want to sell my car" he replied "you could sell the cruiser!?" me: "...why dont YOU sell it?"

never heared back. Oh i had a guy next to me at a stoplight roll down his window and asked if id sell the car (my fury). I said it depends on the money... he wanted to know how much and I told him 15grand. He wanted to pull over and "talk" but i just drove off lol. Figured he didn't know crap about those cars and would have either robbed me or never paid me 15k. Heck for 15grand I'd sell it any day.

After my brief flirtation with selling my 67, I feel the same way.

I wouldn't have listed the car at the price I did if it were not my "best price". I know theres not a lot of wiggle room here, I'm not going to make tons of money, if any, so I calculated what I bought the car for and every essential repair I did... in my head, that is my best price.. As in: IT WOULD BE BEST IF THE PRICE DIDN'T HAVE ME LOOSING A BUNCH OF MONEY. If you're asking what would be my best price for YOU .. well, I'm not the one looking at cars I can't afford or cars that I can afford but can't afford to ship across the Atlantic... that'd be a YOU problem.

I was selling a motorhome for a friend of mine on kijiji because he didn't have a computer. I clearly stated in the ad to call the owner for the particulars and to not text me as I didn't know anything about it. his phone # and his name were clearly stated. I had one ******* offer a 1000.00 for a 3500.00 motorhome. I texted back and said obviously you cant read. he told me to **** off. the next one I got probably from the same ******* was for 1200.00. I texted back and said bring the money and a lighter and I would supply the gallon of gas and we could both watch it burn together. never heard back from the ******* that was the end of my selling anything online.

anyone who says they are a ... "SERIOUS BUYER"...ISN'T!... TRUST ME! ...i just ignore anyone who says that!!! ... if they don't ask knowledgeable questions... i ignore them also.. never let IDIOTS WASTE YOUR TIME!...

I hate that phrase "Whats the lowest you will go?"

Does anyone bargain anymore!?

the only ones buying 95% of the time are ..FLIPPERS ...so they need a 50% discount!.... you have to ignore the whats your lowest price guys also.. its fun to play with them sometimes though!

the only ones buying 95% of the time are ..FLIPPERS ...so they need a 50% discount!.... you have to ignore the whats your lowest price guys also.. its fun to play with them sometimes though!
I like telling them that I'll only give them my lowest price if they call ... then when they call say the listed price in a really low voice.

I can completely sympathize with guys that put in their ad "No lowballers or deadbeats, or I'll just haul it away to the crusher!"

I had a fullsize GMC van that was my former DD and I was trying to sell parts off it. The drivetrain was fine (6.2L diesel, 700R4) and I had bought good doors to replace the originals which had all rotted out. I had spent $1000 on the doors.

It was parked at my buddy's farm which was about an hour away. A couple times I made arrangements with people to meet there and buy parts but they never showed. Then there was a guy who wanted to buy doors, but only the two rear doors, and wanted to lowball me on price. I wanted to sell all/most of the doors together, or sell some seats/interior parts first. The interior was in good condition, and I was also storing some seats from another car inside it. As soon as any doors were removed the interior would be exposed to the weather and animals.

I rejected his offer and then he started to personally insult me by email, telling me I was talking advantage of my friend by keeping the van at his place without paying him for storage (I would have happily paid to keep stuff there but my friend wouldn't take any money) and that I just needed the money because I replaced the van with a sh!tty Dodge pickup. I replied that I'd rather put a pick axe through the doors than sell them to him now, then stopped replying to his emails.

Eventually I gave up without successfully selling anything off it. I removed the injection pump, signed-over the ownership to my friend, and said go ahead and scrap it. I sold the injection pump on kijiji. I had it priced low already but the lowballer who came to get it argued that he shouldn't have to pay as much because he drove 3 hours to pick it up. I would've told him to pay my asking price or beat it, but he met me in the parking lot where I worked and I was worried that he'd cause a scene or come back and damage my truck, so I let him have it. I've been burned a couple times like that, so I won't meet anyone at home or work to do a deal again.

Back