tire size..

Do radials make a difference? My car has them, but my owner's manual says that it screws around with the suspension geometry.

Getting new sneaks finally!

I already like the design of these Toyos and they're not on the car yet.

IMG_3764.jpeg

IMG_3765.jpeg

That's interesting...I have not noticed that on the car yet. It seems that ALL tires have these lap seams to some degree. The 235-75-15 American Classics I had before had seams that were a lot worse. And that's where the WW rubber started cracking bad.

These Toyos are rated 620 A B, which is better than the other options, and hopefully the WW holds up over the years, that's my main concern.

As posted in another thread, I just purchased 5 Toyo's @$86.39ea as carryout... I'll mount them myself. No special discounts, just a 10% off sale at Firestone. The sidewalls say they are made in Japan... better than Korea IMO.

FWIW... the big selling points for me... I can order a replacement at any Firestone... might be a good thing on a trip. The Toyo's UTOG rating of 620 A B and reviews give me better confidence they will perform OK in wet weather... I will wind up driving in the rain eventually.

I'm not so much for or against Cooper's... but the combination of which local retailers offered them, some questionable ride quality experiences I've had in the past and the UTOG ratings steered my purchase away from them.

My second choice was going to be the Hankook XL tire... But the UTOG won me over to the Toyo.

I will write my reviews of these once I roadforce them and drive on them.
Now that you have had these tires for some time what do you think? Would you by them again? I'm considering the Toyo's or possibly the Vogue classic whites. Any thoughts between the two of them?

I'm sure these are good quality tires, (well..... not sure), but the TOYO on the sidewall spells Chinese to me which spells "not doable". Sidewall is a little to busy for my period tastes also. JMHO.

My 67 convertible was originally equipped with 8:55 x 14's. The 235 X 15 is the exact same diameter. I checked my odometer against a 10 mile stretch of mile markers and it came up on the same 10th at every marker.

I'm sure these are good quality tires, (well..... not sure), but the TOYO on the sidewall spells Chinese to me which spells "not doable". Sidewall is a little to busy for my period tastes also. JMHO.

Toyo = Japanese. Made in Japan, although they also have a plant in Georgia now, I've heard.

The sidewall design is simpler than the Hankooks which is the main reason for me choosing these. Hankooks seem like excellent tires but the sidewall has too much "textured" area (ribbed surface) which is not attractive to me. I like it smooth. The Toyos have the textured area on the part of the sidewall that's next to the tread, and out of the area most easily viewed. In other words, somewhat hidden.

Back