Today is the build day. 53 years old....

dh23t

Reaction score
Just thought I would share on its build day. A20 on the fender tag. Just sits around in the garage mostly. Doubles nicely as a gas storage tank for hurricane season. Any other cars with birthdays today?

300 ragtop.jpg

Love to see pix. I had a 70 Imperial way back. But someone on here talked me out of it.....

You guys are into dates far more than I am.
I merely know that my cars are all older than I am, and for me to determine how old they are, or how long I've had each of them, requires to pause for math.

Love to see pix. I had a 70 Imperial way back. But someone on here talked me out of it.....
Pics of when we took out out of the garage it was in. Sat since 78. And pictures of today. Little dirty. I drive her as often as I can. I have a whole thread on her called “I found my imperial”

0B5486C6-280D-496D-874B-8BB0A117EB1A.jpeg

A63E0B11-6C12-48CE-9F01-9BBA0459FDA7.jpeg

You guys are into dates far more than I am.
I merely know that my cars are all older than I am, and for me to determine how old they are, or how long I've had each of them, requires to pause for math.
Nah! Should be on your Feder Tag.

And that requires decoding! :stop:
It's three digits on the second line from the bottom, right before a 6 digit number. If it says "505," that means May 5th. It's not hard. October, November, and December are denoted by the letters A, B, and C. So B22 would mean November 22, of the year before the model designation. In other words, on a '70 Chrysler, it would have been built in November 1969. I would think you can do it.

In my car's case, the 630 above the L0C is the date, June 30, 1970.

If your car is earlier than 1968, it's a different story.

P1010007.JPG

... I would think you can do it.

...If your car is earlier than 1968, it's a different story.
All 3 of mine are a different story.
I've done the decoding on all 3, but birthday is simply not one that stays at the top of my memory.
I'm more interested in remembering how my life events caused me to get each of them.

So you are saying that the last 3 digits represent the actual build date, July 14th? What do the first three mean?
I think I read 2 = 1972, 6 = June, 27 = build day

1970 Door jamb sticker only has month and year,which is 10 - 1969. So, I will continue to believe it was built on the 20th. At this point, there is no way to prove it wasn't, correct? Build sheet have the build date on it?

Happy B-day to a great FY4 U-code 300 'vert. For those interested, more about the car's history can be seen in this 2017 thread. @marko @c-barge @boostedvan @antonellomopar

@dh23t -- you have a record of superb restorations, what's happened to CM27U0C146644 since you acquired this rare TNT convertible?
I do not know about superb restorations. I have made no cosmetic changes to the car. It is the same as when I bought it. However, I have done a number of things to make it a reliable driving car. the usual, shocks, u joints, radiator, trans service, brakes, bearings, tires and wheels, belts, hose, Pertronix ignition and mufflers and tail pipes. oh, and a couple sets of valve cover gaskets... Just the regular stuff so it can be driven and not have to worry.
It had a 383 Carb on it when I bought it, and I found the correct Cali 440 carb for it, and had it remanufactured. I also replaced the rimblow switch in it, which was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be
I have been working on a 71 sassy grass green air grabber 4 speed road runner for a while, so this one is perfect to tool around in when I want to drive an old car. Carsten must be proud, I have left it alone, and not tried to make it perfect.

If this is a birthday thread based on SPD, then happy birthday to my TX9 300, which is undergoing a resurrection now with my son.

E243CD97-C00B-43C9-AC7A-AA4CCDEC0458.jpeg
7A3AC612-E1CE-4181-B579-78D802A6F1AE.jpeg

Back