Torsion Bar Bolt/Swivel Adjustment

MJFUR

Reaction score
69 Chrysler 300, re-installing the swivel bolt with car jacked up. Got about three quarters back in and blamo the bolt shoots back out. It stripped the threads from the bolt shaft. You can spin the threads like a washer on the shaft.

Is 2525 087 still a good part # for the Chrysler/Dodge? Anyone know why the Plymouth would use a different part # 2525 086?

Where do I get new bolts and swivels? All I'm finding are A/B/E body parts. Thx

1703616434782.jpeg

1703616453403.jpeg

20231226_105831.jpg

20231226_105857.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a tough one, I had it happen at an alignment shop was lifting the ride height with full weight on. it blew out like a shot onto the floor with the mechanic yelling. I was able to get a spare from my stash. I lube the bolts before installing and remove front end weight when lifting ride height. Must be some c-body wrecks down in Texas, if not check with Murry Park.

Thanks for the shout out , Dave, and to MJFUR above ,
While I have ALL fifteen (15) components that comprise the entire Front End…..
Unfortunately, no hardware, normal and abnormal….

I personally NEVER had something like that…. sorry….

I know i have one of those adjuster bolt and block.
Maybe two, but i would have to look for the second one.
Interested?
Write me a pm.
Jim V.
hemi71x

EDIT:
Come to find out that i only have one bolt, nothing else.
Couldn't help you out anyway with what you need.

WOW, holy s#*t, $112.00 bucks for those, from that company.

Last edited:
The bolts from PTS arrived, unfortunately I'm not sure what they are supposed to fit. The return and refund wasn't a problem.

PTS 9/16 x 3.5"
Original 5/8 x 4.5"

20240102_151833.jpg

The bolts from PTS arrived, unfortunately I'm not sure what they are supposed to fit. The return and refund wasn't a problem.

PTS 9/16 x 3.5"
Original 5/8 x 4.5"

View attachment 636580
Looking at that bolt, it looks like there is thread material from the swivel. Clean that off and that bolt will be fine.

On the other hand, the swivel threads are going to be toast. So, change the swivel or Heli-Coil it. The Heli-Coil is a good repair and the thread will actually be stronger if done right.

If you were to put a new adjuster bolt into the old swivel, chances are very high you are just going to screw the threads up on the new bolt.

Looking at that bolt, it looks like there is thread material from the swivel. Clean that off and that bolt will be fine.

On the other hand, the swivel threads are going to be toast. So, change the swivel or Heli-Coil it. The Heli-Coil is a good repair and the thread will actually be stronger if done right.

If you were to put a new adjuster bolt into the old swivel, chances are very high you are just going to screw the threads up on the new bolt.
The bolt is fine, the swivel not so much. lol

Well... You did say the bolt was stripped... :poke:
You're right I did. Then after I took it apart I realized it was the swivel threads that I was seeing.
And all of this because I "had to" install headers. It would be cheaper and simpler to just walk outside and shoot myself in the foot. lol

You're right I did. Then after I took it apart I realized it was the swivel threads that I was seeing.
And all of this because I "had to" install headers. It would be cheaper and simpler to just walk outside and shoot myself in the foot. lol
I had this saying about it would have been easier to just put some money in a pile and set it on fire.

Back