Traded off the Corvette...

I'm looking forward to my first road trip in it. I'd like to drive to Corpus Christi TX before Spring Break. We were going to do that this year, but went to Iowa instead. Gotta do the beach!

I called the local VW dealer today. I still have the remainder of the 60K mile warranty left, plus on the '14, VW has extended the warranty on that Diesel recall, heater core, air bag clock spring, and the DEF to 120K miles or 2024, whichever comes first. I am convinced I got a great car! It runs and drives beautifully, looks like a mini-limo, and I dont see another every seven seconds.

I'll get the windows tinted, once I get the car tagged and titled. For now, that'll be it.

Last edited:
I cant believe all the love over a VW

Gotta love it! They really are superb road cars. Like I'd said, I looked for a metric Mopar and couldn't find a car worth the money. Never been a "Mopar or no car" guy, even though I've owned over 400 Mopars since 1972. I drive what meets my needs and my wallet. My needs currently involve a Volkswagen!

Gotta love it! They really are superb road cars. Like I'd said, I looked for a metric Mopar and couldn't find a car worth the money. Never been a "Mopar or no car" guy, even though I've owned over 400 Mopars since 1972. I drive what meets my needs and my wallet. My needs currently involve a Volkswagen!

I understand, kinda. Ive NEVER owned anything but...

My biggest reason to avoid a VW besides their crooked behavior is that their cars end up on the bottom of most reliability studies I have seen over the years. The Asians have been building reliable cars generally over the years, hence they have been able to corner that part of the maket. I rarely hear of anyone considering buying a VW and the folks I have known over the years that had one, only had one once and never went back. None were diesels though.

Just one source seeming to echo the same impressions I have had from owners I have known............................

https://www.osv.ltd.uk/are-volkswagen-reliable/

You take good care of your cars and they will take good care of you for the most part I think rings true across the board. Is there new junk out there? Sure but I don’t think VW is known for it. Guns don’t kill people, people kill cars.:lol:

The Asians have been building reliable cars generally over the years, hence they have been able to corner that part of the maket
They outlive the rust. Guess that makes them reliable. Toyota is still replacing truck frames under a settlement that was hardly heard about. J.B. Hunt still has no flatbed division, but maintains a pool of them to deliver frames to dealers to basically rebuild your truck. My wife's friend who takes very good care of her car and drives very normal to cautious gets good service from the Honda's she has owed but will never see more than 85-90k and all the accessories start acting up till it pushes her over the edge and she gets a new one. They break just the same, and fall prey to the same bad maintenance Gremlins. They have done a masterful job of creating brand loyalty. They have also done a masterful job of covering up bad press like "the seatbelts fail because americans eat too many french fries in their cars" please. How about the faulty gas pedals, because the had no failsafe built into the electronics (forgot to copy that part of the software). They are not without fault, it's a man made mechanical object it will not be perfect no matter what consumer (Toyota) reports says.
I might add that I have a Asian based car. A Subaru Forester, not a car I would pick because I has zero personality, I inherited it. I usually form a what most people would consider a weird bond with my vehicles (why I never get rid of them till there is nothing left). I have literally no connection with this Subaru, it is a great little car with no soul.

Last edited:
I'm happy. To me right now, thats all that matters.

Oh BTW, I considered Impala, Infiniti Q-series, Maxima, M-B, and Subaru in my search.

Note, no Toyota/Lexus, Honda or Mitsubishi. Not a fan of them.

Back