Transmission Id

This from your "new" transmission? Looks like it's sat with water in it for some time and if that's what the valve body looks like the rest is probably worse! I wouldn't even try to run that without a rebuild...so what was wrong with your original transmission?
It’s slipping in reverse and not shifting good I bought this core to rebuild and valve body upgrade on the trans I bought mines still in the car I just won’t to learn how to build one on my own where my father in law is in hospice he helped me a lot on my furyiii

There's a guy on FABO inquiring about a tailstock with the floor shifter bosses right now. I managed to get $75 out of just a special tailstock once and all parties were happy with the outcome. :thumbsup:

Looks bad, Stu. Sorry to see that.
Is that valve body from the original 1968 trans or the 1975 trans?
Whichever it is from is probably junk
I paid 400 for a rebuildable core I got burned it’s a 75 model not my og 68 I have a rebuild kit here for it I was going to rebuild 75 and stick it in

I paid 400 for a rebuildable core I got burned it’s a 75 model not my og 68 I have a rebuild kit here for it I was going to rebuild 75 and stick it in

Aww that sucks man....In the future bring a ratchet and socket and pop off the pan before you hand over any cash, if it's not clean with no rust or debris then walk away.

The later trans is a better unit. Bigger (71 up pump support) and valve body has a part throttle kickdown.
That valve body is pretty rough. If the rotating pieces are better condition (higher up in trans from water). Just be aware of the sealing surfaces, the pump internals and bearings for rust pitting.
Good luck.

The later trans is a better unit. Bigger (71 up pump support) and valve body has a part throttle kickdown.
That valve body is pretty rough. If the rotating pieces are better condition (higher up in trans from water). Just be aware of the sealing surfaces, the pump internals and bearings for rust pitting.
Good luck.
Thanks I haven’t got that far yet

sorry to hear.
If the 1975 valve body does not clean up perfect, I advise replacing it.
Hope the transmission parts above it are in better condition.

Back