Trim clips

65fury

Reaction score
Looking for trim clips for my 65 Sport Fury. Trying to put the small trim at the bottom of the windows back on and have no idea what to use ? Included a picture of where the trim goes. Any suggestions on what to use will be greatly appreciated!
IMG_0208.jpeg

No it’s the trim on the outside of the car. Here is a picture of where it goes and the hole for the clips

Interesting! My 66 Newport 2 dr doesn't have that piece of trim at all, just the cat whisker, which does have a bit of stainless steel. Sorry for the confusion.

Those plastic clips with the center pin are not used for belt moldings.

Here's an original door belt molding and clip from a 1967 Dart. Would expect that the trim clips used on 1965 moldings are of a similar spring wire design.
Mopar used many of these spring wire clips in various sizes just have to find the one with correct dimension to slide into the backside of the 65 Fury molding.

clip_1.jpgclip_1a.jpg

Last edited:
Im glad you posted this thread. I need the exact same clips for those molding pieces as well for my '65 Fury III. My father in law said that 3M makes a super duty double sided tape that works well. I'll be following this post for sure in hopes of finding the clips as well.

Similar to 68-70 Charger door mouldings clips. That trim was usually an upgrade option .

Here's an original door belt molding and clip from a 1967 Dart. Would expect that the trim clips used on 1965 moldings are of a similar spring wire design.
Mopar used many of these spring wire clips in various sizes just have to find the one with correct dimension to slide into the backside of the 65 Fury molding.

View attachment 644115View attachment 644116
Thank you. I saw these on a web site but was not sure they were for this type of trim. Will order them and see .

View attachment 644115View attachment 644116
Both my original 65 convertibles had the plastic clips

These are the original belt moulding clips on my sport fury. The tail panel clips for a 70-71 cuda are what some people have used.

34FF3825-4EB8-4B8E-A49E-3C455493465E.jpeg

758DD256-657A-42AE-9BCC-35B618916389.png

Both my original 65 convertibles had the plastic clips
The 65 C-body models are not my area of expertise.
@TerryM showing those original plastics clips on your car is great reference.

However, E-bodies are something that I have experience with which brings me to another comment. There could've been more than 1 style clip used to attach the molding. It's not unusual for mopar to have had different vendors, or different parts used at various production plants. In addition the clips get changed or superseded which many times an NOS replacement part will contain mounting hardware that's different from what's on the car.

I checked the 1965 master parts catalog. Here is the information on correct style clips for the door belt molding.
The clips are listed as "retainer" PART NUMBER: 6001496

Hopefully this helps with your search !

.IMG_6018.JPG

If they are still in business try Restoration Specialties in Windber Penn. They had the clips for my Dodge A-100 when I restored that, and those clips look very similar to the ones that I used back in 2004.

Back