Trim clips

Since mine is only a FuryII it didn't have these trim, I bought some and didn't want to drill holes, so I glue them, now a day new car molding are glued so there are good trim glue, check with body product supplier

Don't mess with hot glue. It is usually temperature sensitive and will probably crack and break loose if subjected to extremes. Do it right. Some short cuts are just asking for trouble. - Only my opinion - from years of bad experience.

Don't mess with hot glue. It is usually temperature sensitive and will probably crack and break loose if subjected to extremes. Do it right. Some short cuts are just asking for trouble. - Only my opinion - from years of bad experience.
Yeah, That was my Husband...He was making a joke, he got a big kick out of putting that on my feed :) :lol:

Im glad you posted this thread. I need the exact same clips for those molding pieces as well for my '65 Fury III. My father in law said that 3M makes a super duty double sided tape that works well. I'll be following this post for sure in hopes of finding the clips as well.
I tried the plastic ones from national mopars. They were too big. Would not fit the trim piece. Back to the drawing board!

I need the 1/2 and 1 inch square base spring clips as shown above by spacewagon. For now, I needed small for console and large for windshield trim. I just got the small ones that fit the trip on the console but are not coated at all, and also are way small for the console. Also, be careful to see if the spring pin is centered on the base, or offset. I am hoping that the larger 1 inch clips will be better size and quality. There are specific green clips for the console on ebay....which I found after I ordered the former small ones.

I just got the 1 inch clips that fit the trim, but have centered spring prongs, not offset as needed. I have reviewed the MoParts site and emailed them. Still looking. Also, on the outer edge of the windshield trim are small oval slots that take something else. I may have to go to the salvage yard and find a car with trim still in place....nothing easy.

I did try these... They were way to big to fit in the trim. Anyone know where I may be about to get the same kind only smaller?
Yeah the Cuda molding clips from Mega Parts are too wide. They have the same part number as the 65 parts book has (6001 496) but they are different. I found these on Ebay and they look pretty much correct except they say 1/4" hole instead of the 3/16" hole. I am thinking about ordering a few. I got my moldings back on for now using the old clips and a couple of the Cuda clips that I ground down to kinda fit but I am not happy with them.
Not happy about having to enlarge the holes on my doors to fit the 1/4" pegs either though so probably no help here.
Body Side Molding Moulding Rivet Trim Clip Clips For Mopar Chrysler Jeep 10pcs B | eBay

Yeah the Cuda molding clips from Mega Parts are too wide. They have the same part number as the 65 parts book has (6001 496) but they are different. I found these on Ebay and they look pretty much correct except they say 1/4" hole instead of the 3/16" hole. I am thinking about ordering a few. I got my moldings back on for now using the old clips and a couple of the Cuda clips that I ground down to kinda fit but I am not happy with them.
Not happy about having to enlarge the holes on my doors to fit the 1/4" pegs either though so probably no help here.
Body Side Molding Moulding Rivet Trim Clip Clips For Mopar Chrysler Jeep 10pcs B | eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234770526589?_

Here are some black plastic ones that look correct also but need a 1/4" hole.

I found 1 of my old ones but dont have the center piece. gonna try these and see what happens. I will let you know if they fit ok. I had to ground down some too but really not happy with they way they fit.

I found 1 of my old ones but dont have the center piece. gonna try these and see what happens. I will let you know if they fit ok. I had to ground down some too but really not happy with they way they fit.
They should fit the belt molding but I think you will have to drill the holes in your door to 1/4" since they say they fit a 1/4" hole. Your factory holes are 3/16"

I got the half inch clips from midwest muscle on ebay at 1/2"x1/2" Body Side Molding Door Trim Clips Fits Chrysler Dodge Plymouth 20pcs P | eBay I got them for my console but they are small for that. But today I noticed again that this door trim was loose on one end, and had about 5 empty holes. So, I grabbed one of these small clips and instantly snapped the trim into place on top of the door.
I'm guessing 66 Fury uses a wider belt molding if a 1/2" clip fits inside. 65 Fury has a 3/8" wide belt molding.

Yep, the half inch clip works properly.....the rear end of mine was up and loose, so I just slipped a new clip in the slot, with opening about 3/4 to the rear end, and it went into the problem hole as it should.....lucky. Interesting that mopar just had to change things around so much....just like my two year wiper park crap. Makes it expensive and hard to find parts. They needed some advice on how to reduce costs back in the day. I was very fortunate to find someone that had a parts car in dry climate that had the windshield trim clips that are unobtainium.

Back