Trim Ring Help Please

WOT440

Reaction score
Recently purchased four 14x7 Magnum wheels for my Newport and I am trying to determine the trim ring depth size. Can someone tell me the typical size used for this wheel? Thanks.

s-l1600.1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

IMG_20220506_073747.jpg

IMG_20220506_073803.jpg

Last edited:
Since those are 1973 -up Ford wheels, try looking at some of the Ford repop sites.

Last edited:
Cough... $140 for a used one?

I was pretty sure they didn't use the trim ring until 1973, but I'm not real familiar with them either.

You may need to do more research, but I'm still thinking 3rd generation Torino.
Thank you. Maybe I could find something used, on a Ford forum, and also get some direction. I would be interested to hear what others may have to say also. Appreciate your help!

Last edited:
Possibly . . . IF you can't find a Ford oval stamp on the wheels, they might be AMC?

In either case, there should be some aftermarket trim rings available. From what I recall, the ring went all the way to the center of the wheel rim, with maybe a little gap at the inside? They were quite "normal" on earlier 1970-76 Cougars than on Fords, as I recall.

CBODY67

Possibly . . . IF you can't find a Ford oval stamp on the wheels, they might be AMC?

In either case, there should be some aftermarket trim rings available. From what I recall, the ring went all the way to the center of the wheel rim, with maybe a little gap at the inside? They were quite "normal" on earlier 1970-76 Cougars than on Fords, as I recall.

CBODY67
Thank you. Purchased one of these yesterday for a test fit, as the 2-3/4 depth rings are a little hard to come by.
Wheel Trim Ring 14 2-7/8 Deep Step Lip for Repairo Rally Wheels Stainless Steel | eBay

Last edited:
Back