Trunk Mat Supplier

jcloving

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in need of a new trunk mat for my 1968 Fury II 4-dr.

Could someone recommend a supplier/website?

Thanks

Last edited:
I bought my vinyl covered fleece mat at a carshow and there are several vendors out there that sell them. If you are looking for the original rubber mats, no one is reproducing them.

Last edited:
I’ve been trying to source an original trunk mat for my 70. It had a Black nylon carpet like material with the standard green underlay mat in it. The top layer was toast so all I have is the underlay mat. Tried a few fabric shops got close but not quite. So if anyone has a solution other than the plaid mat I am all ears...
DB1BB3DF-33DD-48DC-88A5-7BFE3D0CDDB2.jpeg

A couple of months ago I wrote down a number for someone who was supposed to be making "original" style rubber trunk mats. Found the sticky on my desk for: "Muscle Maniac" in Springfield Ohio 937-399-3733. I never followed up, so don't know if they're still in business, or not . . . Good Luck! Let us know what you find out.

A couple of months ago I wrote down a number for someone who was supposed to be making "original" style rubber trunk mats. Found the sticky on my desk for: "Muscle Maniac" in Springfield Ohio 937-399-3733. I never followed up, so don't know if they're still in business, or not . . . Good Luck! Let us know what you find out.

musclemaniac5 on eBay

FYI I have bought a generic hood insulation from the musclemaniac5 guy. He is actually 15 miles from my house and picked it up in person at a Walmart. Good small seller, just a distributor, he basically has a garage full of different items he sells on eBay

JCLOVING, Try Dante's. That is where I get mine.

Very important - you want the houndstooth pattern trunk mat. The plaid one that most eBay sellers have is an incorrect pattern for '68 as it is the '69 pattern. '67 - '70 used a different pattern each year.

FYI, I also have a '68 Fury II 4 door sedan.

Bill

I’ve been trying to source an original trunk mat for my 70. It had a Black nylon carpet like material with the standard green underlay mat in it. The top layer was toast so all I have is the underlay mat. Tried a few fabric shops got close but not quite. So if anyone has a solution other than the plaid mat I am all ears...
View attachment 160184
I bought some cheap automotive carpet without backing on eBay and cut it to fit my trunk. I didn't do anything with the edge, just trimmed it as cleanly as I could.

The stuff I got was a closed loop nylon. Basically regular carpet, but not as deep or plush as what you normally use. I think I spent ~$40 and I have a lot left over.

The other option is you could use the stuff they call "trunk lining". It's a thin carpet and it's often used on speaker enclosures. That stuff is dirt cheap and you could do the trunk for under $20.

Back