TRW power steering pump interchangeability

Gerald Morris

Reaction score
Greetings Moparians!

Having just replaced my water pump and radiator last weekend, I noticed while reattaching the power steering pump to the housing (long, tedious tale due to pump having been "superglued" into the housing by shellac) that the pump no longer turns easily. I've been dreading this turn, and am searching for a suitable bolt-in replacement for my old TRW pump, IFF I can find one!

I've noticed there are some Federal/TRW pumps specified for later model C body Mopars and am curious about whether these will bolt onto the peculiar "self adjusting" bracket used with the early stuff. Have any of you experienced this matter?

I read the BBB catalogue for the pump meant for 1966 cars, and they wrote that the original pump, model 723-0101 in their nomenclature is obsolete. Now, will the later model one, like the 722-2103 I've seen in numerous places bolt in? If anyone knows about this, I'll be grateful to learn what they know.

Last edited:
Why not send it to Lares and have them rebuild it, that way you know it will fit. They can rebuild pretty much any PS pump. www.larescorp.com

Dave

I can't afford to have the car down for a weekday. In truth, my motive for this inquiry was to see if I could get a reman to pop on, then either hire Lares or attempt it myself. I just copped a TRW pump on eBay, so we'll see if I hit well or not soon enough.

Last edited:
Back