Turn indicators on top of front fenders

Buldog9

Reaction score
OK, heres one for you. Went to NAPA with the socket in hand,they couldnt find anything.Just spent an hour trying online to find them,no luck. It appears to be a miniature base,screw in (not bayonet) type of bulb. The existing bulb got destroyed during removal,so I have no basis for comparison other than the other one which works, and after the ordeal I went through in removal on this one, I am hesitant to mess with the good one...So, the question is, does anyone know of replacement bulb brand, part # and where to get? Thanks in advance.

thanks...I will try but maybe end up fabbing up a bayonet socket/bulb combo and make it work. Oh well, so much for my Concourse dreams.

Went to Pep Boys and found a great solution. Little LED accent bullet lights which work perfectly.

led bulbs

Went to Pep Boys and found a great solution. Little LED accent bullet lights which work perfectly.

Thats a great idea. When I redid my dash I replaced all the bulbs with LED's. A direct changeover. I found them on ebay, 10 for less then $10.00

I am also going to change out my fender mts. and some dash bulbs. Any more info on those bullet LED's, and for the dash bulb retrofits? Do you know if the dash bulbs the same on a '68 Newport as yours, bluefury361?

I removed mine while converting my Fury III to a Fury I (Police Car Clone). The directionals will not flash because of reduced resistance in the circuit. I did a temporary hookup of an 1157 bulb in it's place and the directionals flash albeit quite slow. I'm told that more resistance will lead to a quicker flash. I'm still working on a solution to this problem. Jim

I removed mine while converting my Fury III to a Fury I (Police Car Clone). The directionals will not flash because of reduced resistance in the circuit. I did a temporary hookup of an 1157 bulb in it's place and the directionals flash albeit quite slow. I'm told that more resistance will lead to a quicker flash. I'm still working on a solution to this problem. Jim
Jim: Mopar installed the same flasher unit in cars with and without the fender turn signals. I'd have to say the problem is elsewhere.

I am also going to change out my fender mts. and some dash bulbs. Any more info on those bullet LED's, and for the dash bulb retrofits? Do you know if the dash bulbs the same on a '68 Newport as yours, bluefury361?

I think most of the bulbs in mopars of the era will interchange. My 69 has indirect lighting that reflects on the white lettering on the dash panel as opposed to back lit bulbs. I found that with the LED bulbs there was not enough light to illuminate the dash correctly.
LED's did work well for all the indicator lights though, (oil, hot light, turn indicators etc.) LED bulb size was "10" I think.

Here are the symptoms: The turn signal indicators were removed (unfortunately the body shop lost them in the removal/paint process), the wires ( one positive per light) were capped off. If I try to use the directionals, the lights go on steady, but do not flash. If I uncap the positive lead and put it across the positive side of an 1157 bulb ( the brighter element) and ground the side of the bulb, the directionals flash. Keep in mind that I don't have directional indicators in the instrument cluster. I have a new flasher but can't seem to locate where it's mounted. I bought the new flasher before taking the indicators off hoping to get the directionals to flash faster as they were quite slow when I got the car. Jim

Back