Turn Signal Flasher in my 65 NYer

Boyd

Reaction score
I am installing leds on my NYer. I have to change my flasher from the mechanical to and electronic one. I have pulled the panel under the steering column, checked under the ash tray, checked the ledge below the dash and I cannot find the damn thing. I have to wonder if it is under the air conditioner. Anyway, it is not on the fire wall. I have changed them before so I know what they look like. When I turn signal on, there is not sound. I have been looking for days.

You know I converted to disk brakes, made the power windows work and many other jobs but this is stumping me. Any ideas? Am i looking at it?

20230730_151821.jpg

It took me a while to find it on mine.

It is next to the ashtray, just between the lower dash panel opening and the ashtray and its clipped to the dash.

hopefully the flasher you got works with the led's I tried 3-4 different flashers including ones that said they would work but none did so I switched the front amber lights back to incandescent to give enough resistance since I didnt want to start adding the resistors that get super hot. If your flasher works please let me know what kind and where you got it.

Yeah, Ma Mopar did a great job hiding these flasher units on our beloved cars. I can't locate my emergency flasher unit to save my life. I don't think they ever worked and don't know if there is a flasher unit plugged in, probably why I can't find it. One of these days I'll get around to it.

hopefully the flasher you got works with the led's I tried 3-4 different flashers including ones that said they would work but none did so I switched the front amber lights back to incandescent to give enough resistance since I didnt want to start adding the resistors that get super hot. If your flasher works please let me know what kind and where you got it.
The polarity of my LED flasher was wrong for my 66 so I had to make a couple of pigtails in order to "cross" the wires and get the polarity correct. Worked like a charm after that.

The polarity of my LED flasher was wrong for my 66 so I had to make a couple of pigtails in order to "cross" the wires and get the polarity correct. Worked like a charm after that.
thx will try that because I would like to replace those two remaining bulbs with led's

Back