TV/Movie stars and their love for Mopars

moonrunner1972

Reaction score
I had heard that John Schneider of Dukes of Hazzard fame owned a convertible 69' Polara that he adored. While it is well known that he also owned a certain orange Charger of the same year, I began to wonder if other celebrities (aside from Jay Leno of course) were Mopar fans and if anyone knew what they had in their garage/collection?

:edgy:

Good idea for a thread. Looking forward to this

Mike Judge must be a fan .. several Mopars in his shows

Don Johnson was rumored to have kept one of the several Hemi Cudas (70 or 71) they had on show. no confirmation hes a fan but thats the scuttlebutt

images
190557.jpg

Again, a movie star rather than TV, but Fred Astaire and his Imperial.

14346354899_f62aca9726_z.jpg

Again, its a 70 and the mods were done after Schneider sold it. ....which was only less than a year ago.

12-05-McCah2a.jpg

No TV actor but Showman and road tester that had some recorded on film, Uncle Tom was reportedly owner and admirer of the Forward Look Imperials, not sure about the 55-56 models but I think he did some Speed Trials with the early 300s IIRC.

Road Test of the 58 cars, Uncle Tom hammin it out at its best. ;) ..

12-05-McCah2a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody help me out here there were 2 or 3 C-body Imperials that were for sale from an estate of a famous A list actress. She was the original owner and they were in California. Anyone remember the posts well over a year ago? I seem to remember sedans silver and black.

Carpenter's Forward look cars were featured in a couple of car mags including Collectible Automobile over the years.

I can't wait until I win the Powerball or MegaMillions! LOL!
You'll be reactivated to the Middle East Hell Hole before that will ever happen... It ain't gonna happen. Save your money.
Did I ever mention I was anti-gambling. And gambling includes Insurance, extended warranties, etc.
Life is a crapshoot.
I do dream of winning the lottery though. An obscenely rich woman in her eighties about to kick the bucket any day now.
I'll service her every need no matter what.

I do dream of winning the lottery though. An obscenely rich woman in her eighties about to kick the bucket any day now.
I'll service her every need no matter what.

You'll need an older car to impress her, Stan...

I had heard that John Schneider of Dukes of Hazzard fame owned a convertible '69 Polara that he adored.

Actually Schneider had a '70 Polara convertible, not a '69

This is one nice ride .............

Again, it's a '70 and the mods were done after Schneider sold it. ....which was only less than a year ago.

A high-resolution photo of that Polara can be found on Hagerty. The good news is that its current owner has been (I) enjoying his "Banana Boat" a lot since he bought it 6+ years ago and (II) posting about it on another forum.

Last edited:
Back