Unidentified Cruise Control Lever

mopar6672

Reaction score
I have collected several cruise control levers to make a clean one for my 1972 Charger. I have one oddball in my small collection and I am looking for someone to confirm the application. I suspect it is for a 1969-1972 C-Body or 1971-1972 B-Body w/tilt. The overall length of the lever is about 7".

Lever 3.JPG

Lever 2.JPG

Lever 1.JPG

The "Drum" Resume levels pre-date the "Slide lever" Resume levers (which I believe came about the '74 model year. The "Drum" lever is on my '70 Monaco, so it probably goes back to the first "turn signal" lever in '68 or ''67, but seems like the '67 levers were a little different? 1966 was the "dial up to" knob on the instrument panel. The lever units came in with the Dana/Perfect Circle "modern" cruise control units.

CBODY67

In C body context those were used on Fuseys (up to 73). As mentioned the slider version debuted in 74 (Formals) and went to 79 The next slider version was modified to incorporate the intermittent wipers first seen on R bodies.

I believe this is a 1968-1969 lever simply because Chrysler went to a new style for 1970 based on many references I have seen. Not sure of the exact application.

The first lever shown was used in 1970 - 73 models. The NOS one shown above was used in the 1969 cars, but it may have also been used in some of the slabside cars too.

I have collected several cruise control levers to make a clean one for my 1972 Charger. I have one oddball in my small collection and I am looking for someone to confirm the application. I suspect it is for a 1969-1972 C-Body or 1971-1972 B-Body w/tilt. The overall length of the lever is about 7".

View attachment 241544

View attachment 241545

View attachment 241546
This is a non-tilt lever, and it looks like a '70 lever. '70 and '71 have a different part number, also E-bodies have a different part # than B and C-bodies(Plymouth and Dodge)

This is a tilt column lever, '68 and/or '69. There are several different part #'s depending on if it's a Plymouth/Dodge, or Chrysler/Imperial, and if it's a '68 or '69. The difference between Ply./Dodge and Chrysler/Imperial is probably going to be the length of the lever. I think the '68 and '69 look just a little different, IIRC.

First year for a tilt wheel in a B-body car was '76, as in Cordoba. '75 b-body cars didn't have the tilt wheel option.

CBODY67

The "Drum" Resume levels pre-date the "Slide lever" Resume levers (which I believe came about the '74 model year. The "Drum" lever is on my '70 Monaco, so it probably goes back to the first "turn signal" lever in '68 or ''67, but seems like the '67 levers were a little different? 1966 was the "dial up to" knob on the instrument panel. The lever units came in with the Dana/Perfect Circle "modern" cruise control units.

CBODY67

'67 was still on the dash. Auto pilot went to the signal stalk in '68.

I was thinking the '67 was on the turn signal stalk as the instrument panel was changed in '67, but I just went back into the Historical website and found the '67 and '68 Chrysler Data Books.

1967 was still called "Auto-Pilot" and used the dial wheel on the instrument panel to set/vary the speed, with an "Off-On" toggle switch. 1968 "Automatic Speed Control" was on the turn signal stalk, but is unique in that "the button" is on the stalk's end. Which would mean that 1969 was "the drum" style used on the 1970s? Which also identifies the OP's NOS part as a 1968 lever, I believe.

CBODY67

CHRYSLER__1968_ORDER GUIDE_SPEED CONTROL_Options%202.jpg

I was thinking the '67 was on the turn signal stalk as the instrument panel was changed in '67, but I just went back into the Historical website and found the '67 and '68 Chrysler Data Books.

1967 was still called "Auto-Pilot" and used the dial wheel on the instrument panel to set/vary the speed, with an "Off-On" toggle switch. 1968 "Automatic Speed Control" was on the turn signal stalk, but is unique in that "the button" is on the stalk's end. Which would mean that 1969 was "the drum" style used on the 1970s? Which also identifies the OP's NOS part as a 1968 lever, I believe.

CBODY67

View attachment 242077

I know for certain that the stalk with the button on the end was used on the 1969 Chrysler models at least.

These pictures are out of the Dodge data books. The '68 and '69 pictures look like they used the same picture, perhaps out of convenience.
'68
68 cruise lever.PNG

'69
69 cruise lever.PNG

'70
70 cruise lever.PNG

'71
71 cruise lever.PNG

'72
72 cruise lever.PNG

'73
73 cruise lever.PNG

'74
74 cruise lever.PNG

That is a 68-69 cruise control lever. I can use it. Are you willing to sell and what is the condition of harness not pictured.

Those photos are very helpful. It appears that I have a '70, '72 and '73 for standard columns. The photo I posted at the start of the thread appears to be a '72 for a tilt column. I did not realize there were so many subtle changes in the early '70s. Thanks for all the replies.

what year is it ?i have same one in my 1940 ford /dodge steering column. let me know thanks

like to talk to member 65 500 if you know how he is please tell him thanks

Last edited:
Back