Vacuum Line diagram for 1976 5.9 w/ 2 barrel Holley

DSSA

Reaction score
Ours is missing the sticker under the hood, and I can't see to find a diagram for the connections to the carb.

Unfortunately, I started the swap, ran into some health issues and am now trying to put the replacement on.

Appreciate any help.

What kind of swap were you doing? Usually, the FSM had these things in them, which means you'd need to find a paper version as they are not online yet. In some cases, if you know the operation of the various things, it can be figured out without the diagram.

I believe your car should have a "Vacuum Amplifier" near the rh rr of the rh valve cover?

Without the decal, the short answer is: on the front base plate of the carb (throttle body), the pcv goes into the big tap. Ported vacuum to the distributor in on one side of that pcv line and straight manifold vacuum is on the other side of the pcv line. The ported tap goes to the distributor vac advance. The manifold vac tap goes to the air cleaner thermostat to run the flapper valve in the snorkel. EGR is run by ported vacuum, but uses the thermo vac switch to modulate when the vac goes to the valve. There can also be an OSAC valve mounted on the cowl, which would use ported vac too, to modulate vac going to the vac advance. The Vac Amplifier uses one vac source to somewhat clean-up the hose "wiring" on the engine, best I could tell.

Power brake and hvac vac comes off of one intake manifold runner specifically. Cruise control vac source is in that mix, too. On some, the pcv tap is on the back center of the carb throttle body.

Only LA Chrysler I have is an '80 360 2bbl with a BBD 2bbl on it, but what I mention above is close to how our 400 2bbl is, with the Holley 2210 2bbl. You should have the EGR-capable 2245 series carb.

Hope this might help,
CBODY67

Last edited:
What kind of swap were you doing? Usually, the FSM had these things in them, which means you'd need to find a paper version as they are not online yet. In some cases, if you know the operation of the various things, it can be figured out without the diagram.

I believe your car should have a "Vacuum Amplifier" near the rh rr of the rh valve cover?

Without the decal, the short answer is: on the front base plate of the carb (throttle body), the pcv goes into the big tap. Ported vacuum to the distributor in on one side of that pcv line and straight manifold vacuum is on the other side of the pcv line. The ported tap goes to the distributor vac advance. The manifold vac tap goes to the air cleaner thermostat to run the flapper valve in the snorkel. EGR is run by ported vacuum, but uses the thermo vac switch to modulate when the vac goes to the valve. There can also be an OSAC valve mounted on the cowl, which would use ported vac too, to modulate vac going to the vac advance. The Vac Amplifier uses one vac source to somewhat clean-up the hose "wiring" on the engine, best I could tell.

Power brake and hvac vac comes off of one intake manifold runner specifically. Cruise control vac source is in that mix, too. On some, the pcv tap is on the back center of the carb throttle body.

Only LA Chrysler I have is an '80 360 2bbl with a BBD 2bbl on it, but what I mention above is close to how our 400 2bbl is, with the Holley 2210 2bbl. You should have the EGR-capable 2245 series carb.

Hope this might help,
CBODY67
This is helpful. Thank you so much!

Had to dig the manual up. Unfortunately, there wasn't a whole diagram like the under hood sticker. What I did was take pictures of the individual systems, hope it helps.
IMG_1564.jpgIMG_1565.jpgIMG_1567.jpgIMG_1568.jpgIMG_1569.jpgIMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

Had to dig the manual up. Unfortunately, there wasn't a whole diagram like the under hood sticker. What I did was take pictures of the individual systems, hope it helps.
View attachment 650124View attachment 650125View attachment 650126View attachment 650127View attachment 650128View attachment 650129

View attachment 650130
Thank you *VERY* much! This was exactly what I needed!

Hooked everything up, replaced a couple of questionable vacuum hoses, drained/refilled tank, new fuel filter, and she runs SO much better.

Now off to find a muffler for it (they only seem to list ones for the 440Ci Newports), and a replacement bushing for the windshield wiper linkage. Hopefully at that point, it'll be ready for PA inspection and some road use.

Thank you again for taking the time to upload these!

Back