Valley pan cover

jmustian

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is the valley pan covers function? Is it necessary?
PS: its approx 4x6 piece of steel that bolts to front of valley pan.

It holds the valley pan ends to the block. Helps align the valley pan with the intake runners in the cylinder heads.

9CAA3509-7A66-4F65-BEFD-558AD9D209EB.jpeg

Im not meaning the bar. I have a piece of sheet steel about 4x6 that attaches to the 3 front bolt holes under the bar and protrudes over the valley pan.

Performance Car Graphics has it available. I will be getting some once I put a few miles on my Imperial. It helps reduce heat transfer to the intake and muffle noise from the valley.

...and I thought mine was the only rusted thrue one...

20210224_165122.jpg

Performance Car Graphics has it available. I will be getting some once I put a few miles on my Imperial. It helps reduce heat transfer to the intake and muffle noise from the valley.
Big Block Intake Manifold Insulation Plymouth Dodge Mopar

Dang $70 for some fiberglass wrapped in foil. *not criticising if that what you do, just impressed*

-Would be a pretty easy arts-&-crafts project to replace the ones I had.
I had the original rear piece left a few years ago, but tossed it when I re-did my engine, it looked like a nasty rat nest sitting under my freshly painted intake.

I'm thinking, perhaps the factory should have done something different. WHAT, I don't know. I guess they weren't suppose to last 50+ years.

Big Block Intake Manifold Insulation Plymouth Dodge Mopar

Dang $70 for some fiberglass wrapped in foil. *not criticising if that what you do, just impressed*

-Would be a pretty easy arts-&-crafts project to replace the ones I had.
I had the original rear piece left a few years ago, but tossed it when I re-did my engine, it looked like a nasty rat nest sitting under my freshly painted intake.
I think for what it would take to gather supplies and then take the time to make it, it would be break-even. It’s not plain kitchen aluminum foil, it’s much thicker.

I don’t have to worry about getting itchy, wearing a mask, leftovers, etc.

Back