NOT MINE Various cars in Colorado.

crv

Reaction score
Fletch visited a yard in Colorado, the owner is selling all the cars, phone number at about 13 minutes in, worth watching:

I went there something like 15 years ago. At the time I was only after hotrods. Pontiac firebirds and gtos. Anything hotrod mopar. I paid literally zero attention to anything other than that. I don't remember any of the big cars.
Story goes like this. The property is up in South Park. Her husband was a tow truck driver and people from all over the country would drive across Colorado and have to drive through the mountains. There are three passes that access South Park, Kenosha pass, Wilkerson pass and Trout Creek pass. As travelers would gain so much elevation and often times make it into South Park that has very long flat roads from one side of the park to the other the cars would basically pass away. Often times, they wouldn't even make it over the passes and would die on the passes. The fella would pick up cars and often times keep the cars due to this or that in the tow truck world. There are virtually no towns to get help in. Fairplay, the only real town, is right in the middle, also known as South Park City. Yes, this is where the cartoon comedy Southpark was based. The characters on the show would often travel over trout creek pass to Salida, where I live, to get various things, like Kentucky Fried chicken, the hot springs pool and wal-mart. Anyway, The cars have been out there for a looong time. I will make an appointment with Amanda and go out there and check out what is left. I don't think anything new has arrived there so I wouldn't expect much. Although you can see all the cars in the video.
If anyone wants specific pictures of a car that you see in the video I would be more than glad to get detailed pictures of any of the cars to help out. Can even possibly work some deals or whatever to help out.
Currently, there might be too much snow to check them out but with El Nino this year the snow in the actual mountains has been minimal this year, typical for el nino years. Can't make it out there until late February so I will make it a point to get back to this.
Let me know if anyone has any interest.

I saw a '67 or '68 Monaco or Polara several times in the video, at the 11 minute mark. The entire front grill was removed, passenger side fender removed. They only showed the car from the front, no idea if 2dr or 4dr. If it is a '67 2-dr with chrome trim around the inside of the back window then I could use the 2 lower corner pieces. I think I can see through the busted windshield that the trim is chrome, so that's good.

@MoPar~Man

Post pictures of the pieces that you are after so that I can find them easily here on this thread again in the future.
My gold membership is expiring at the end of this month so I will not have the message storage and won't keep many messages.

As I have gone through the cars again I now see 3 66 pontiac catalina's. I own a 2+2 catalina 421 car that could use some body parts.
I seriously doubt that these pontiacs at this location would have any 421's or 428's in them as when I went the first time it was an open house and there was something like 75 people roaming around those cars. Someone would have found the rarities.

I spy a white 4dr 61 Plymouth
Would be interested in seeing more of that one.
I went there something like 15 years ago. At the time I was only after hotrods. Pontiac firebirds and gtos. Anything hotrod mopar. I paid literally zero attention to anything other than that. I don't remember any of the big cars.
Story goes like this. The property is up in South Park. Her husband was a tow truck driver and people from all over the country would drive across Colorado and have to drive through the mountains. There are three passes that access South Park, Kenosha pass, Wilkerson pass and Trout Creek pass. As travelers would gain so much elevation and often times make it into South Park that has very long flat roads from one side of the park to the other the cars would basically pass away. Often times, they wouldn't even make it over the passes and would die on the passes. The fella would pick up cars and often times keep the cars due to this or that in the tow truck world. There are virtually no towns to get help in. Fairplay, the only real town, is right in the middle, also known as South Park City. Yes, this is where the cartoon comedy Southpark was based. The characters on the show would often travel over trout creek pass to Salida, where I live, to get various things, like Kentucky Fried chicken, the hot springs pool and wal-mart. Anyway, The cars have been out there for a looong time. I will make an appointment with Amanda and go out there and check out what is left. I don't think anything new has arrived there so I wouldn't expect much. Although you can see all the cars in the video.
If anyone wants specific pictures of a car that you see in the video I would be more than glad to get detailed pictures of any of the cars to help out. Can even possibly work some deals or whatever to help out.
Currently, there might be too much snow to check them out but with El Nino this year the snow in the actual mountains has been minimal this year, typical for el nino years. Can't make it out there until late February so I will make it a point to get back to this.
Let me know if anyone has any interest.

I suspect, perhaps recall, that none of these cars are for parts and only for sale whole.

Back