Veterans day

Just wanna say thank you to all y'all veterans who served and are currently serving in our military. I got high respect to these folks cause i know i could never do it. Also because they gave us freedom. Again thank y'all so very much and God Bless you.:usflag:

Amazing the changes our grandparents have seen.

VJ Day, Honolulu, Hawaii

It's Veterans Day again. Thank You to all my brothers and sisters that have served. I met a lot of great people during my time in the Air Force

Thank you to all the veterans here on this forum! :usflag:

This is my Papa. The only grandfather that was alive during my childhood. I spent A-LOT of time with him and my Grandma.

He was stationed in the Aleutian Islands in Alaska during WW2. He died in December of 05.

I found these pics and some things in a tote of his belongings.
20210926_074617.jpg
20210926_074638.jpg
20210926_074706.jpg
20210302_184330.jpg
20210302_184351.jpg
20210302_184536.jpg
20210302_184613.jpg

"Our ancestors summoned the courage to fight and win our independence against the most powerful empire on earth. Our parents, grandparents and great grandparents stormed the beaches to crush fascism. They found the strength to topple communism, and we will not be afraid of woke lunatics who despise everything those heros fought so hard for and those heros who fought and died for."

:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Happy Belated Veteran's Day to all the veterans on the forum here. I always try to thank veterans when I can as my dad was an army veteran, they keep our country free, and they do a job I know I can't do.

On a separate note our town honored veterans by putting luminaries in the center of town, needless to say I bought one.

Thank You all for your service and sacrifice for our great country!!
:thankyou::thumbsup::usflag:

I will add my "THANK YOU!!" to all who served and are serving now. I was born in '52 and, in childhood, thought "the war" was ancient history and a big adventure. As I grew, I realized how many returned service personnel had been so seriously affected. Many were disabled physicaly, but most were affected psychologicaly. Today we call it PTSD and help is available, then victims were told to "get over it".
I guess I'm just saying those of us who didn't serve will never really understand the sacrifice made and "thank you" will never be enough! Lindsay

Thank you to all Veterans.
Your welcome from this veteran. It was a lot of drinking in a lot of ports o'call, but I handled it. Lucky I was too young, and dumb to realize I was in any danger.

Thank you all who served.
While I didn’t, I worked my nearly 33 year career with Active duty Air Force, Marine Corps and Navy.
Many of my relatives have served, including my dad, uncles and great uncles.
My mom’s oldest brother died in a C-119 crash in Japan in 1957, before I was born….

It's sad how many people at work didn't even mention anything about it during conversation on Thursday.
Here's a couple actual photos from back in the 80s.
I'm standing on the left, and also the soldier leaving the Huey...Army Infantry 87-95
20211113_104200.jpg
20211113_104151.jpg

Back