VIN

Reaction score
IMG_20220713_195232981.jpg

I hope I posted this in the correct spot. But I was wondering if any could decode the vin on my fury? :)

i believe i used the one at realdash.net....seems the letters/ numbers dont line up perfectly top to bottom when you type them in and you might get some unknown codes but if you move them over a space it'll come up with something that makes sense

View attachment 551004
I hope I posted this in the correct spot. But I was wondering if any could decode the vin on my fury? :)

Hello and Welcome from Connecticut and from another young C-body enthusiast, glad to have another young person like myself interested in these cars! You did post this in the right spot yes.

Regarding the fender tag, I know some but not all of the codes but I'll give it a shot at what I think I know. EXPERTS please correct me.....

P= Plymouth

M= Medium Trim Level (so Fury III)

23= 2 door Fast top

41= Engine (in your case a 318)

5= Transmission (in your case an automatic)

535= I think are the type of tires that were originally on it

A26= Scheduled build date (in your case October 26th 1966)

06620= Order number

A (On 2nd line up from very bottom)= Axle that came in the car. (*As a side note*- next to the A is an X, if there was a number next to that it would be a sure-grip car or the 2 back tires would spin instead of just the right rear when you were to do a burnout.)

TRM= Interior Color, (in your case it I'm pretty sure it would be red)

PNT= Exterior Paint, (which in your case I know would be white)

R (3rd line up from very bottom)= Radio that originally came in the car (in your case would be a 2 watt AM)

X= (unfortunately I'm not sure on that one, sorry)

7 (Top Line)=Again, unfortunately I'm not sure on that one. Sorry)

I hope I covered it all and helped you out some. If you need ANYTHING else, please DO NOT hesitate to ask and let me know.

This data plate came with my 70 300 , that has a Hurst hood and deck. I assume the parts came from it as what I can decode is the last upper rt hand line A12 designates a hurst car? Thanks

20220810_185748 (2).jpg

CM23U0C204791 — what happened to that Hurst? @Trace 300 Hurst
That is certainly a Hurst fender tag. Are you sure your car is NOT a Hurst? If not, maybe the car it was originally attached to was wrecked or rotted away and the hood and deck were salvaged for similar 300? Surprising that someone doing that would also harvest the fender tag, unless they were doing a clone to sell as a Hurst. More info, please.

That is certainly a Hurst fender tag. Are you sure your car is NOT a Hurst? If not, maybe the car it was originally attached to was wrecked or rotted away and the hood and deck were salvaged for similar 300? Surprising that someone doing that would also harvest the fender tag, unless they were doing a clone to sell as a Hurst. More info, please.
CM23U0C204791 — what happened to that Hurst? @Trace 300 Hurst
I will have to ask the friend I got it from, mine is not a Hurst. It has the deck lid and hood and all the little pieces trunk release cable etc. I assume that all came from this car in the fender tag.

20220807_203429.jpg

CM27TOC231011 — thank you!

Hello and Welcome from Connecticut and from another young C-body enthusiast, glad to have another young person like myself interested in these cars! You did post this in the right spot yes.

Regarding the fender tag, I know some but not all of the codes but I'll give it a shot at what I think I know. EXPERTS please correct me.....

P= Plymouth

M= Medium Trim Level (so Fury III)

23= 2 door Fast top

41= Engine (in your case a 318)

5= Transmission (in your case an automatic)

535= I think are the type of tires that were originally on it

A26= Scheduled build date (in your case October 26th 1966)

06620= Order number

A (On 2nd line up from very bottom)= Axle that came in the car. (*As a side note*- next to the A is an X, if there was a number next to that it would be a sure-grip car or the 2 back tires would spin instead of just the right rear when you were to do a burnout.)

TRM= Interior Color, (in your case it I'm pretty sure it would be red)

PNT= Exterior Paint, (which in your case I know would be white)

R (3rd line up from very bottom)= Radio that originally came in the car (in your case would be a 2 watt AM)

X= (unfortunately I'm not sure on that one, sorry)

7 (Top Line)=Again, unfortunately I'm not sure on that one. Sorry)

I hope I covered it all and helped you out some. If you need ANYTHING else, please DO NOT hesitate to ask and let me know.
A bit late on the reply but thanks for decoding my VIN. I known some but was not sure so I thought I would ask.

Back