Vintage NASCAR

Ok it's kinda long & was over 30 years ago. Let me run it through my small brain a time or two & then I'll post it.

Last edited:
Ok so I'm typing along on my Ferrell Harris story. Had the setup done & was into the meat & potatoes of the story. The stuff you guys really want to read. Was describing the big crash in the Dodge & POOF my computer decides to reboot....lost it all. Oh well too busy right now to do all that over so I'll do it later. Next time I'll put it in a text form & cut & past it over.

Last edited:
Kyle Petty

Kyle's very first start as a race driver. The 79 ARCA 200 at Daytona driving the Petty Enterprises Dodge Magnum. And he won !!! Notice the Falcon painted on the front of the fender. Cool huh

image.jpg

Andy Granitelli

President of the STP company & a hot rodder himself. Gives Richard Petty a smoch after another sucessfull day at the track. Richard had to be thinking "oh man, did you have to do that"

image.jpg

Dodge Magnum

At Atlanta Motor Speedway. #50 Olds Bruce Hill, 67 Dodge Buddy Arrington, #9 a young Bill Elliott

image.jpg

Dodge Magnum

Different looks of Neil Bonnetts Magnum. Neil only ran the Magnum 1 full season & a few races the following season

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Petty testing the Magnum

The new Magnum was way different that the Charger. Here testing before the season started

stp magnum.jpg

Richard vs Cale vs Buddy

Great pic of #67 Buddy Arrington in the Road Runner. Cale Yarboro in the #11 Monte & #43 Richard Petty in the Charger

image.jpg

Norm Palmer

1979 Riverside. In the Magnum. I think he finished 22nd. Was a regular on the Winston West series

image.jpg

The Pettys

1979 Talledega 500. Kyle Pettys first NASCAR start. Driving a Dodge Magnum. Richard is in the Olds 442. Kyle finished 9th

image.jpg

Richards Christmas Party

Richard Petty took the employees out for a night of bowling & a Christmas party. I hear he bowls pretty good & his team won. Check out that bowling ball

image.jpg

Let go WAY back

Tim & Fonty Flock. NASCAR legends drove the Mercury Outboards Motors Chrysler 300's. Won so many races the team was booed out of the sport

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back