vintage style wiper blades

So after spending a day snd a half trying to find a vintage 16" trico or anco wiper blade for my 70-300 I have come to the conclusion there isn't a cheap repop available. The anco 2889859 refill changes up to something other than the satin finish metal blade.(20-16 anco #) The longest Trico I can find is 33-150 15" in the correct style.(Napa # 60-1537) so.......what is everyone doing for correct blades on their fuseys??
Looks like these repos might work, at least on a 1971 (P/N 3431465 ):

''Hideaway'' windshield wiper blades for all 1969-71 Plymouth Fury; all 1969-71 Dodge Monaco - Polara; all 1969-71 Chrysler and all 1969-71 Imperial

801-329-(2-pack)-2.jpg

Edit: I just ordered a pair for Medina, my 1971 Monaco. Will report on fit.

Last edited:
I have the original style wipers. The car parts store stuff hits the hood as previously mentioned.

I wonder if I can just buy a 16 inch wiper blade and take it apart and use the rubber part as a refill on my original setup?

I have the original style wipers. The car parts store stuff hits the hood as previously mentioned.

I wonder if I can just buy a 16 inch wiper blade and take it apart and use the rubber part as a refill on my original setup?

That all I do. Replace just the rubber with that thin metal spline type thing. Some refills required pinching the little tabs on the wiper arm to grab the blade tighter.

You can buy the silver metal refills at any auto parts store. I did. They’ll have just one you’ll have to order the twin. Make sure and tell them how many cylinders your engine has and whether the car is standard or automatic.

Looks like these repos might work, at least on a 1971 (P/N 3431465 ):

''Hideaway'' windshield wiper blades for all 1969-71 Plymouth Fury; all 1969-71 Dodge Monaco - Polara; all 1969-71 Chrysler and all 1969-71 Imperial

(...) I just ordered a pair for Medina, my 1971 Monaco. Will report on fit.

The wiper blades were received one day too late to help me drive Medina to Carlisle in the rain. When the box was opened yesterday, it was found that one of the two wipers I had ordered looks perfect but that the other, unfortunately, has its blade bent to an angle.

--> I have reached out to Mopar Mall in the expectation that they send a proper replacement. Will report when it arrives.

upload_2021-7-14_13-2-8.jpeg

upload_2021-7-14_13-2-8.jpeg

I am happy to report that MoparMall stepped up to the plate and replace the bad blade. Count me a satisfied customer -- I will order more parts from them, as standing behind your products is a key component of customer service in my book.

upload_2021-9-11_11-5-56.jpeg

FWIW...

Seems like this should apply to later cars too.

I did not use inserts because a prior owner of Medina, my 1971 Dodge Monaco, had replaced the original wipers with units what belonged on another vehicle and barely fit. So I wanted to get full repops.

I am looking for a set of refills for my 72 fury 4dr. i tried hodge podging a set at autozone but they would not stay on. I can't afford to damage my windshield. they are like hens teeth. for the mean time i put a modern wiper on now till i can find the right refills.

I got a chance to test the MoparMall wipers this evening, after getting caught for about 3 hour on the highway in light to heavy rain. See the report here.

Is there some original documentation of the correct wiper lengths? The 16 inch blades on a 70 fury are not creating the coverage shown in the washer aiming diagram on page 8-100 of the FSM The paths don't intersect. Does that mean that something with the wipers is out of adjustment, or don't read too much into the diagram?

IF the blades were 18", how close to the lh A-pillar and upper windshield molding would the top end of the blade be?

For some reason, I was thinking that the Fuselage cars had 18" blades, but none of the online catalogs I looked at just now indicate that. NOR is there anything of the lengths noted in the AMA Specs or the FSM or the Chrysler parts books, that I could find. And . . . I could not get to my '70 Monaco to measure them. One of these days I'm going to have to remedy that!

Usually, no significant adjustment areas on the wiper linkage rods, that I know of.

For some reason, I'm thinking the OEMs were 18", due to the larger area they had to cover (height and width) compared to the Slabs and Formals. One catalog I found had Slabs at 18", not 16", but other catalogs had them at 16" from '65 onward. Which kind of makes me wonder if "the industry" has standardized them all at 16", for better or for worse.

About 20 years ago, a customer needed some wiper blades for a '66 Nova he was working on and wanted correct GM blades for it. I dug out the old Chevy parts book and ordered that part number. What was in the correctly-numbered box were some strange aftermarket blades. NOT what the car came with! I took them to the customer and he bought them as "that was what GM called for" . . . but I would not have put them on any Nova I might have had, personally. THAT caused me to look at what replacement wiper blades were available back then.

In the later 1980s, I was having some issues on my '77 Camaro I bought new. By that time, the OEM GM blades were the multi-section "late model use" blades. They looked too tall to park under the rear edge of the hood, but it was the original GM part number. So I suspected I'd need to hit the salvage yards or similar for the production-correct blades . . . which are the same as on my '80 Newport. The "Exact Fits" look close, but not close enough for me to buy, just yet.

Observations and experiences,
CBODY67

Over two inches to upper windshield trim with 16 inch blades. About 1 inch from end of drivers wiper to furthest sweep of passenger wiper. Passenger side about 3 inches to A-pillar. So nothing there to indicate 18 inch wouldn't work. However the outer end of the pass side is only 1/4 inch from the end of the bottom trim, unless they are parking too low.

20221002_142749.jpg

20221002_143427.jpg

Last edited:
Back