Vinyl top care

cm23uoc

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
What do you guys use for vinyl top care. The one I have is grained black and in very good unmolested shape, I'd like to put something on that impregnates a bit, possibly not washing off with the first rain or cleaning leaving a natural appearance with no greasy gloss.
I used clear shoe wax with previous cars which wasn't so bad, just curious for some better "household remedies" which I don't find bad in general or some special product that is worth its price.

I use this stuff........

http://www.detailing.com/store/303-...re-kit-for-vinyl-tops-and-tonneau-covers.html

303-convertible-cleaner.jpg

I use Colinite 855. This is heavily used in the boat industry for vinyl seats in the sun and weather. Its a liquid, apply twice and buff after each time ir dries for maximum durability. It dries and will not streak like some other products. It is approx a 12 ounce container and the cheapest is $15 with free shipping on ebay. If there is a better product let me know and I may try it. Years ago I contacted Turtle Wax and asked them to re-market their Vinyl Top Wax......no luck...this is the closest I have found yet.

Thanks for the replies. Let's see what else comes up for comparison.

I use a product called RaggTopp.

RaggTopp Vinyl Convertible Top Cleaner & Protectant Kit - should be easy to find on the internet.

soap and water is the only thing that should be used

That's what I use for cleaning, but I'm thinking about impregnating. To my knowledge all the vinyl stuff has some sort of impregnation, even the interior which after 40 years could use a refreshing; I notice the flat top roof vinyl has lost some of this effect compared to the vinyl on the C-pillars.

Vinyl is synthetic fabric. Origiinally a flat fabric. In this case it was then manufactured to look like leather.
You can't "restore" vinyl to look like leather. Once the look is gone, it's gone.

The vinyl is in very good shape still color and structurewise, want to refresh the water roll off effect with one of these products.

I use a product called RaggTopp.

RaggTopp Vinyl Convertible Top Cleaner & Protectant Kit - should be easy to find on the internet.

That's what I used on my pinpoint vinyl convertible top. It still looks the same as the day it was installed.

Back when I had my '79 Park Avenue with a vinyl roof, I ended up using Pledge furniture polish after Turtle Wax discontinued their vinyl top wax.

Back when I had my '79 Park Avenue with a vinyl roof, I ended up using Pledge furniture polish after Turtle Wax discontinued their vinyl top wax.

Used Pledge for many years. My 68 Charger rusted out all around me but the black vinyl roof and interior looked like new.

Best product I had used was NuVinyl (from the makers of NuFinish) haven't seen it in stores for ages.

Back