Voltage Regulator Mounting Screws

SPF Required

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any chance someone could share a pic and/or details for the mounting screws for a 1968 voltage regulator? I don’t think the one screw I have holding mine to the fire wall is correct (the fact there is only one is a tell tale sign)

This is my 67 Barracuda (my 69 Polara is the same)
Image1.jpg

Alan

This is what I have ('67 Monaco):

v-reg.JPG

The mounting screws are the ones on the top and bottom. The green wire on the left with the washer is not ground, it runs to the alternator I think. I'm running a separate ground wire on the lower mounting screw to the battery.

I believe MrMoparchp has the correct ones . Same as 72 up electronic ignition boxes I am pretty sure .

Edit … or are you asking where they go ?

are you asking where they go ?
Asking about the screws themselves. There is only one installed on mine, and it looks similar to the one @MoPar~Man has, but mine doesn’t seem to tighten up all that much. I can see the lower hole in the firewall for the second screw too. I just wanted to confirm the style before going on a hunt.

Thanks!

Those look very similar to the one I have, so this is definitely the right track. Thanks for sending the link to those.

Here's a close-up of the bolts for the regulator and ballast resistor:

bolts.jpg

These look like ordinary body bolts to me. It's possible I did not replace them correctly years ago (they may have gotten mixed up with other body bolts).

The washer size is different (3/4 " vs 5/8) but otherwise they're same length and thread (1/4 " x 20 tpi). The head has a raised symbol, looks like L with a circle around it.

The BRE motorsports bolts don't look like these bolts. There has got to be better (more correct looking) bolts elsewhere.

Thanks again for the additional information, especially the size of the bolts.

There isn’t much left under my hood that is original, but have the right bolts my hold it in place tighter than the one I have now.

Thanks again!

Mopar~Man … those are valve cover bolts . Here are a few of the various years of proper bolts . I can’t say what year each is correct for but I know they were used for fastening electronics to the fire wall .

I never throw out a fastener …lol
Im sure I have more.
IMG_9557.jpeg

Back