WANTED Wanted 66 MOPAR disc brake master cylinder

moparproject

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi All, Looking for one of these if anyone knows of one I am ready to buy. Thank you!
1709766564171.png

Sounds good. Id love to get it assuming you think it is restorable. I will send a PM with my details.

Attached is a page from the 66 Parts Manual that show the strange extra tall master I need.

single disc master.png

I'm pretty sure the same master cylinder was used for disc or drum brakes.
The disc brake cars got the reservoir for extra fluid capacity.
I have 2 300's, both disc brakes, both running without the reservoir. I keep a eye on the fluid level and don't have a issue.
Don't do anything just because I'm doing it.

I'm pretty sure the same master cylinder was used for disc or drum brakes.
The disc brake cars got the reservoir for extra fluid capacity.
I have 2 300's, both disc brakes, both running without the reservoir. I keep a eye on the fluid level and don't have a issue.
Don't do anything just because I'm doing it.
Thank you. I had thought the master cylinder was the same. It certaily looks the same. I am sure I can eventually find the tall version, but I will try what you did and see how it works.

Get a friend to push the pedal down and see what it does to the fluid level.

Do some searching of wrecking yards. Or possibly e Bay. you should be able to find the reservoir.
Likley have to make new gaskets.

Hi All, Looking for one of these if anyone knows of one I am ready to buy. Thank you!
View attachment 648187
Mine is a little different than pictures, but it was removed from a 1966 Chrysler 300 with factory power disc brakes. This was working fine when I removed it and went with a dual master cylinder. Was removed about a year ago.

IMG_3561.jpeg

IMG_3566.jpeg

IMG_3563.jpeg

Mine is a little different than pictures, but it was removed from a 1966 Chrysler 300 with factory power disc brakes. This was working fine when I removed it and went with a dual master cylinder. Was removed about a year ago.

View attachment 654993

View attachment 654994

View attachment 654996
I am looking for the extra reservoir one more for historical accuracy in my restoration. But thanks anyway. I have heard of folks seeing the smaller one like this work fine on disc systems, so maybe they switched at some point.

I am looking for the extra reservoir one more for historical accuracy in my restoration.
This is the only reason I would even consider going with a single circut master cylinder. Having these fail while driving isn't very much fun. All my '66's have a dual circuit masters on them.

Back