was center console an option for 1970 Polara?

adam83

Reaction score
I just bought a 70 Polara. Its a bench seat with column shift. I'm removing the 318/sb727 and dropping in a B or RB with a bb727.

I'd like to find a center console, shifter, steering column, and buck seats. were these option for the the 70 polara? I have yet to see a picture (of a stock polara) that has any of these.

I just bought a 70 Polara. Its a bench seat with column shift. I'm removing the 318/sb727 and dropping in a B or RB with a bb727.

I'd like to find a center console, shifter, steering column, and buck seats. were these option for the the 70 polara? I have yet to see a picture (of a stock polara) that has any of these.

attachment.php

1970PolaraInterior.jpg

attachment.php

Yes..... It was an option...the photos posted above are all original console cars.

Top two have the b-body type console top and the bottom has the same top as my 300. Is that trim level? Monaco v. Polara? Luck if the draw?

The top two have the same style as my Sport Fury except my top has a brushed aluminum finish not the wood grain finish.

105_0716.jpg

105_0716.jpg

Another mystery that needs investigating more. Unfortunately there are not many console cars and over the years things get changed. I have a feeling the top photo car had the console top changed OR was it built that way because of the steering wheel option? ....

Back