Weather

Good luck with the move Dave. Watch those flat, wind-blown roads. And if you want any great pizza you better take it with you, because you won't get any west of New Jersey! When are you planning to leave?

Those roads are why I was asking. I've seen too many of those videos.
There is a dive place called Lucys that has good pizza about 30 miles south of home.
I didn't want this thread to go this rt, likely end of February.

I don't know your route. Your chances of better weather are probably best of you stay lower and on I80 though to Wyoming. If you do stay on i80, let me know.
Actually, this year has been weird so far, the northern plains has been relatively snow free while the midwest has gotten hammered a few times. Not saying you should run hwy 2 across, but look at some long range forecasts before you start.

80 would be the obvious rt. I'm leaning towards running 70 through Kansas , north through Colorado on 25 to 80 and hanging a left. I'm not going through the Teton mountains that time of year so I will pick up 30 at Little America into Utah and go around Bear lake. Go North from there, mostly valley passes instead of the up and overs .
Yeah, that 70 west of Denver is a PITA in the winter.

Actually, this year has been weird so far, the northern plains has been relatively snow free while the midwest has gotten hammered a few times. Not saying you should run hwy 2 across, but look at some long range forecasts before you start.
Doesn't make sense but thats why I'm asking ..

Dave, good luck to you and your family.

If I was in better health and little younger I would be considering a move to Montana or Wyoming.

Are you retiring or do you have work lined up when you get there?

Dave, good luck to you and your family.

If I was in better health and little younger I would be considering a move to Montana or Wyoming.

Are you retiring or do you have work lined up when you get there?

I gotta work till I'm 85.

Nothing lined up. Workin on it

Good luck with the move Dave! I'd avoid I-80 at all costs. Sammie and I went to Omaha last summer and the tolls were retarded!

I-80 thru Chicago is a disaster! Aside from the traffic, even the potholes have potholes!

We came back on a more southerly route thru Indianapolis, Columbus, Dayton and Akron etc. Not a toll booth to be found, a tad longer but a much more enjoyable ride

Best wishes to you and Diane on your new adventure in life! Congratulations!

Last edited:
Good luck with the move Dave! I'd avoid I-80 at all costs. Sammie and I went to Omaha last summer and the tolls were retarded!

I-80 thru Chicago is a disaster! Aside from the traffic, even the potholes have potholes!

We came back on a more southerly route thru Indianapolis, Columbus, Dayton and Akron etc. Not a toll booth to be found, a tad longer but a much more enjoyable ride

I-80 thru Chicago is a disaster! Even the potholes have potholes!

Best wishes to you and Diane on your new adventure in life! Congratulations!

:thankyou:

Let's see if it happens first..
The ride from Jersey to Iowa sucks. A toll in each state in-between. I noticed however if I take 70 that Kansas considers that to be a turnpike. I read that as toll road.
70 appears to be a better ride. I made the 80 drive twice and back , I dont wanna do it again.

Looks like $12.00 for the whole 236 miles.

Screenshot_20210128-181026~2.png

I looked elsewhere and it states $15 for the whole trip, but you'll only use it for 63 miles, so I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:
Good luck Dave! There is a huge storm heading here next week, Sunday into Tuesday, I think you said you were planing on heading out around the 4th? Anyway, I wish I had spent more time hanging at the garage with you and your dad. Safe travels, let us all know when you get settled.

Good luck Dave! There is a huge storm heading here next week, Sunday into Tuesday, I think you said you were planing on heading out around the 4th? Anyway, I wish I had spent more time hanging at the garage with you and your dad. Safe travels, let us all know when you get settled.
If , IF we go it'll be the end of February.

Back