Weather

polara71

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
This site always has all the answers.

Is there a site that can visually show me current actual road and weather conditions? Im not looking for doppler or maps. I'd like to see real time events and conditions.

Try the local tv station’s live road cams for the area you’re interested in.
Most of my local stations have these but you need to “register” for whatever reason.

Like this?
ND Roads

ND and MN have this. I am sure others do as well. Interactive. ND actually has a mobile app.
659C2EE3-92BC-4D1D-9B50-FBFB4ED6AE2E.png

I think every state has a 511 site, most can be hit w/smart phone. I generally search the state abbreviation and 511 as in mn511 or nd511
upload_2021-1-27_21-31-8.png

As in traffic cams?

Maybe. A type of traffic cam as in those high pole mounted ones along the highway. Not sure exactly what's available which is why the question.
I'm planning on making the trip from Jersey to Idaho, driving in February. There really is only a couple of direct ways, I'd like to try to avoid bad weather conditions even if I gotta go hours out of my way. ( Not Texas out of the way )

I think every state has a 511 site, most can be hit w/smart phone. I generally search the state abbreviation and 511 as in mn511 or nd511
View attachment 434577

Something like these I think is what I'm looking for. I obviously gotta watch the weather but I also would like to know road conditions on the ground.
I've seen too many of those videos of wrecked cars and trucks on the snowy wind driven highways.

This works for what I need. I will have to hunt down all the states I will be traveling through to view the weather.

:thankyou:
Screenshot_20210128-085727_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210128-085705_Samsung Internet.jpg

There used to be a site that I looked at for the states that had cameras, but it doesn't work anymore. Try each states DOT, it may take a little digging but a lot of states have cameras that you can access. Besides you have a Dodge truck, a couple of feet of snow shouldn't even slow you down! :steering:

Besides you have a Dodge truck, a couple of feet of snow shouldn't even slow you down! :steering:

I'm not worried about the truck. It is the trailers we will be towing and the small caravan with me. Two trucks, two trailers and a car. Expecting three nights four days 600 +/- miles each day.

Maybe. A type of traffic cam as in those high pole mounted ones along the highway. Not sure exactly what's available which is why the question.
I'm planning on making the trip from Jersey to Idaho, driving in February. There really is only a couple of direct ways, I'd like to try to avoid bad weather conditions even if I gotta go hours out of my way. ( Not Texas out of the way )

I don't know your route. Your chances of better weather are probably best of you stay lower and on I80 though to Wyoming. If you do stay on i80, let me know.

80 would be the obvious rt. I'm leaning towards running 70 through Kansas , north through Colorado on 25 to 80 and hanging a left. I'm not going through the Teton mountains that time of year so I will pick up 30 at Little America into Utah and go around Bear lake. Go North from there, mostly valley passes instead of the up and overs .

Thats the plan ..

Thank you?
Good luck with the move Dave. Watch those flat, wind-blown roads. And if you want any great pizza you better take it with you, because you won't get any west of New Jersey! When are you planning to leave?

Back