Weatherstrip

Kip's solution remains the best option at this point. That said:
I have been in 6 month conversation with Jeff at Restoration Specialities over whether or not the correct seal (at least the roof rail part; maybe not the part that goes down into the A pillar doors) can be produced. I even sent him a sample that I purchased from Murray Park.
Jeff claims that he is getting quotes and that he feels he can cost effectively produce the correct weatherstripping.
Whether or not this is true remains to be determined. But it is clear he is trying.
Our next phone call is scheduled for 15 April. This would be the time for all of us who badly need this weatherstripping and want it to be an exact reproduction to call Jeff and voice support.
If Jeff flakes out, I'm going for Kip's solution, and Jeff has that GM seal in stock. We call this option door B.
Nice legwork, tell Jeff I'm good for at least 3 sets...

I have told Jeff that I represent many people on this forum who might want to purchase this weatherstripping. But it would be far more effecetive if you were to call or write him yourselves!

it would be far more effecetive if you were to call or write him yourselves!
I wrote, called, and even met with them SPECIFICALLY about the seals.
I bet I started TEN years ago with it.
He asked for, and I gave him a good set of seals, to get them repopped.
He held them for over 6 months.

Do you see any seals?

:bs_flag:

I did not know that. I have one more call planned and then will give up the ghost if they ask to delay again......thanks.
I wrote, called, and even met with them SPECIFICALLY about the seals.
I bet I started TEN years ago with it.
He asked for, and I gave him a good set of seals, to get them repopped.
He held them for over 6 months.

Do you see any seals?

:bs_flag:
ot know

I did not know that. I have one more call planned and then will give up the ghost if they ask to delay again......thanks
And tell him what I said.
I got tired of his bullshit.
"Oh, yah, yah, yah. I'm gonna do it. Just been so busy...."

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I have acquired a 77 newport 4dr. Looking to do some updates. Like to get all new rubber seals for around the door windows etc. From alond the door and along where the windows roll up

Having a very hard time finding them.

Also considering how i could add cruise control if possible onto the car for long trips.

Also in need of rear bumper guard one is crushed in. Other than that car is in pretty great shape.

20230319_172115.jpg

received_553279783496077.jpeg

Welcome to the forum. There is another thread on the topic: you are not alone, unfortunately.

Ive read through them some and can't find any info where to get them. I clicked on links and they must be outdated now. Definitely a hard find

If that is any consolation, I can't find weatherstripping for a 1972 NYB either. Been looking for over 2 years. Car is OK with the original, but I would sure like to get new rubber.

Mine is all cracked and lets some water in and def alot of air when cruising.

The roof rail weatherstripping (Where the windows meet the rof) may still be available here:

In 2014, their part# was: 75roofrail
I've never seen it on their website, but they sent it to me and others on this forum around 2014-2015.
Restoration Specialties and Supply, Inc."
You are correct, sir, first off there are no specific kits for formal weatherstripping, however, the company mentioned above, does sell a weatherstripping by the foot That will work for your car, I think it mimics a GM style. I measured my 77 and it came out to around 14 feet of stripping, just an FYI, you will need to save all of your corners, as they don’t make them anymore, and most I’ve experienced are in good shape. It’s just the long straight pieces that get dry rotted, so about an inch past each of your corners, cut and save. You can then glue the weatherstripping to those corners, hope that made sense. Lol.

Also, as mentioned, when you call this company, there is no part number. They have it labeled as “75 roof rail”.

You are correct, sir, first off there are no specific kits for formal weatherstripping, however, the company mentioned above, does sell a weatherstripping by the foot That will work for your car, I think it mimics a GM style. I measured my 77 and it came out to around 14 feet of stripping, just an FYI, you will need to save all of your corners, as they don’t make them anymore, and most I’ve experienced are in good shape. It’s just the long straight pieces that get dry rotted, so about an inch past each of your corners, cut and save. You can then glue the weatherstripping to those corners, hope that made sense. Lol.

Also, as mentioned, when you call this company, there is no part number. They have it labeled as “75 roof rail”.
I should give them a look and see if they might have weatherstripping for a 1972 Chrysler. A number of folks are looking for some. @schwarzsurfer

I recently tried this approach and got an e-mail that said "Part #: 4770-WS Weatherstrip Roofrail and Header Seal is no longer available. We have an RR75 we can send you as a sample that Jeff feels would work." It seems that the GM extrusion is cancelled in favor of the 75roofrail extrusion.

Back