Welcome 300C to FCBO!

HI and thanks for the welcome....everyone's been great with their greetings here, very friendly gang.

Here are two more pix of my 300C. I had an F, too, loved it so with your G you know what those 413 rams are capable of...fast off the line and mid range, too. The 392 hemi on the C really starts to "pull" at about 55 and then hold on. I run 15" wires on it, and as you know it came with 14" rims. I may have lost a tad on acceleration with the 15"s but I have had my C up to 110mph and it doesn't even blink...and there was tons more accelerator to offer. I'm not one to drive that fast (HAH!) but after my ignition work I wanted to see what it could do....it does plenty. The car is well sorted, thus, the 110mph was easy. I slowed down after that...it still wanted to go!! Mostly I drive like an ol' lady from Pasadena!:steering:

Thanks for your interest. How did you own your C for 1 week???? Sounds like an interesting tale...:eek:
bob

IMG_5747.JPG

IMG_5749.JPG

How did you own your C for 1 week???? Sounds like an interesting tale...:eek:
bob
Not really that interesting. More like depressing..... :) Late 80s/early 90s my brother was in the middle of a semi-dormant frame-off resto on a C when his family started growing, so the car had to go.
Here's a shot of it when he first got it in the late '70s:
59_VW_57_300C.jpg

Here's a shot of the engine and frame, ready for the body (my '79 Sportster is blocking the view, but the hemi is waving hello...):
79_SportsterXLS_Poulsbo04.jpg

Around 1991 I'm guessing he offered the car to me for $2500 and I said I'd take it. We lived on 5 acre parcels next to each other at the time, so it would be an easy haul from his house to mine. About a week went by. With the car in pieces and us not really having a disposable $2500 laying around, not to mention no garage space for the behemoth and parts, my wife and I realized it was too much of an undertaking then. Bro easily sold the car after we reluctantly told him no.

I didn't want to make the same mistake twice, so when he decided to sell his Formula S last year, I bought it.

Last edited:
Back