Welcome 66 Monaco 500 365 to FCBO!

Reaction score
I've been a MoPar nut since I was 14.
I've owned A, B and C bodies, currently my only classic MoPar is a 1966 Monaco 500 with a 365 horsepower 440, automatic, floor shift, PS, PDB, tach, A/C, Tilt, Power seats and windows, vacuum trunk. It was ordered in a very unusual color combination, Mauve over white with a black and white interior.
I've had this car for 20 years.
I have it mechanically sound but is in need of a bunch of aesthetic fixes.
My first C body was a 4 door Monaco I drove to high school in the early '70s , I've had a couple '69 Rodrunners (one A12 clone, my fastest car, 13.05 at 103.8) a 4 speed '70 RR, a '68 Chrysler Newport convertible and a host of other MoPars.
Scott

I've been a MoPar nut since I was 14.
I've owned A, B and C bodies, currently my only classic MoPar is a 1966 Monaco 500 with a 365 horsepower 440, automatic, floor shift, PS, PDB, tach, A/C, Tilt, Power seats and windows, vacuum trunk. It was ordered in a very unusual color combination, Mauve over white with a black and white interior.
I have it mechanically sound but is in need of a bunch of aesthetic fixes.
My first C body was a 4 door Monaco I drove to high school in the early '70s , I've had a couple '69 Rodrunners (one A12 clone, my fastest car, 13.05 at 103.8) a 4 speed '70 RR, a '68 Chrysler Newport convertible and a host of other MoPars.
Scott

Welcome

Welcome from another 66 Monaco owner (Canadian version, equivalent to USA Monaco 500 model), with very similar options, except mine has a 4 speed. Lots of pictures of your car please!

Hello from a '66 Dodge crackhead. Please post some pictures of your car.

Here is one from Cruisin' Grand a couple years ago.
The Superbird is my friend's, it is a 440 6 bbl, and it won first prize at Fall Fling, all MoPar car show on their wing car feature meeting. More of my car to come, I have to find them!

Monaco and bird.jpg

currently my only classic MoPar is a 1966 Monaco 500 with a 365 horsepower 440, automatic, floor shift, PS, PDB, tach, A/C, Tilt, Power seats and windows, vacuum trunk. It was ordered in a very unusual color combination, Mauve over white with a black and white interior.

Here is one from Cruisin' Grand a couple years ago
Thank you for the pics and a belated welcome! Any plans to go back from mauve to white?

Hi, I don't believe it will ever go back, Mauve is too strange of a color, even for just the roof. When I bought the car the roof was almost all surface rust. I'm continuing to work on the mechanicals before aesthetics. I installed new fuel tank and pickup and rear sway bar yesterday.

Back