Welcome glhx to FCBO!

glhx

Reaction score
I browse here looking for engine parts for my A body dart

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! What do you need?

I see you commented in my profile. Why don't you go ahead and post what you're looking for in a reply on this thread.

I am looking for

Kickdown linkage for a 4 barrel 318 slider meachanism
The longer one

The 4 barrel throttle bracket for the 318 with the vertical cable attachment

A carburetor cable stud

And Holley 20-7 retrofit piece

Air cleaner for a 318 four barrel.

Basically e double 2bbl in my profile picture is cool and works well. But I want something more gas friendly and easier to work with

welcome from sunny california , what engine you building , got pics and a list ?

I've got the double 2bbl on a 318.

Trying to get it back to more normal with a Holley 600 4160
I've got the kick down for the 2bbl and the throttle bracket but I want to run the correct set up so as to not have any problems. I want to get a lot better gas mileage so I can drive it all the time.

I've considered the lokar kit but it's expensive and looks like a pain to install. The original set up seems a lot easier.

This is what I have now

The intake is an edelbrock street master

Plans are an electronic distributor
Rv cam
Electric fan
Aluminum pulleys
Balance the engine

And maybe drop the 68 318 in.....instead of the 76 318

Back to back carters with a slider linkage run through the center. It looks cool but I think a Holley would be more user friendly with the elsectric choke, tunability for mileage, and I won't have to fabricate a kick down. I just don't want to mess with it. -

Last edited:
So what kind of intake is that? A 4 bbl with an adapter?

So what kind of intake is that? A 4 bbl with an adapter?

Yeah .......Its a 4bbl intake
I bought the adapter from a custom intake manufacturer that specializes in double 2bbls. THe carburetors bolted up. The linkage was made with sleeves, bushings, and pins

that intake is sweet ! i'll trade you a alum one four barrel intake for that , with a holley . everything needs cleaning and a kit for the carb as well . looks like your kick down linkage is there just need to get it to the carb . but shipping is on you . just saw the post about the adapter , deals off for your set up . i've still got an intake and carb for sale , and shipping is still on you , was hoping for a marine twin two's intake , sorry if i got you hopes up .

That intake is just a streetmaster.
It's a single plane gas mileage intake with short narrow runners for torque and gas mileage.

I think it's good to 5000 but the low end is really good.
The adapter was made by vintage speed. A guy in Florida making this stuff out of his garage.

| World's largest supplier of 50's – 60's Style Hot Rod fuel systems

The linkage was custom from McMaster Carr.

I've got a Holley 600 to put on there already. The intake will stay and the Holley should bolt right to it. The intake is considered a boat anchor like the offenhauser dual port. Also a gas mileage intake.

There's a guy running around one of the mopar forums that's getting 29 miles per gallon with one of them. I never drive past 4000 any way so I figured get good mileage and have low torque. The carburetors kill that.....
Maybe......they amount to 530 cfm between the 2 of them.
The carbs are carter bbds. They are also from different years so they are different.

edelbrock streetmaster-

Last edited:
that intake is sweet ! i'll trade you a alum one four barrel intake for that , with a holley . everything needs cleaning and a kit for the carb as well . looks like your kick down linkage is there just need to get it to the carb . but shipping is on you . just saw the post about the adapter , deals off for your set up . i've still got an intake and carb for sale , and shipping is still on you , was hoping for a marine twin two's intake , sorry if i got you hopes up .

I didn't know they mad a twin 2 intake for a 318. It sounds cool.

put a carter or weber afb four bbl on it you can do better fuel mileage then the holley could ever get . that intake looks to have smallish transfors and ports. thats good for high vac and good wind speed in the ports to heads . stay smallish on your cam . 340/360 hyd cam would work well . worked for this 318 in my 64 cuda .

Scan0014_0014.jpg

Back