Welcome Mr Squirrel to FCBO!

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Didn't realize when I signed up it was going to make an automatic introduction thread, otherwise I would have been a little more descriptive in the Box :D

Just picked up a 66 four-door Newport. It's nothing special, but it's a a nice driver. Will take a few pictures and post them up when I get home. :)

Welcome aboard from another 66 Newport owner!

20170921_181527.jpg

Welcome aboard.
Didn't realize when I signed up it was going to make an automatic introduction thread, otherwise I would have been a little more descriptive in the Box :D

Just picked up a 66 four-door Newport. It's nothing special, but it's a a nice driver. Will take a few pictures and post them up when I get home. :)
We didn't even have to ask for pictures.

Appreciate the welcomes! I just bought the car on Sunday, although I'd driven it to numerous times over the past few years. It previously belonged to my wife's great-uncle, whose grandfather bought the car new in Brainerd Minnesota, before moving down to New Mexico with it. Apparently, while it was in Brainerd it was just a cabin car, so according to what I've been told, it's never seen a Minnesota winter. ( which I tend to believe, because the underside of the car is beautiful)

While they added wheels and tires, and an exhaust, the car is pretty much completely original otherwise. Just a nice driving car.

I was going to ask, the previous owner said that he always used just straight 30 weight oil in the car, said that's what his father had told him to do. I guess it's been running many years that way, but wouldn't maybe a 10/30 be better, or I'm wondering maybe one of those high zinc oils?

20180502_112921.jpg

20180502_112941.jpg

20180502_113002.jpg

20180502_113017.jpg

20180502_113057.jpg

Appreciate the welcomes! I just bought the car on Sunday, although I'd driven it to numerous times over the past few years. It previously belonged to my wife's great-uncle, whose grandfather bought the car new in Brainerd Minnesota, before moving down to New Mexico with it. Apparently, while it was in Brainerd it was just a cabin car, so according to what I've been told, it's never seen a Minnesota winter. ( which I tend to believe, because the underside of the car is beautiful)

While they added wheels and tires, and an exhaust, the car is pretty much completely original otherwise. Just a nice driving car.

I was going to ask, the previous owner said that he always used just straight 30 weight oil in the car, said that's what his father had told him to do. I guess it's been running many years that way, but wouldn't maybe a 10/30 be better, or I'm wondering maybe one of those high zinc oils?

View attachment 182938

View attachment 182939

View attachment 182940

View attachment 182941

View attachment 182942

Hey! Welcome to FCBO. Your Newport is very nice. As regards oil, if I was you I would definitely run a high zinc oil in that car. Something like Penn Grade 10W40. You can order it from Summit or Jegs, and it is available in a "kit" with a high-quality WIX filter. I run the same oil in my '66 300 but since its warmer here in Maryland, I go with 20W50.

Nice car!
I run Brad Penn straight 40 weight in my Imp with high miles and straight 30 in freshly rebuilt 383.

Welcome, from the Motown ‘burbs.
Nice six-window sedan. Kinda rare.

Back