Welcome whatsmy71sportfuryworth to FCBO!

20180420_162138.jpg

Welcome. Someone from here should snatch it up. I got this Sport Fury out of Phoenix a couple months ago.

Here is the data plate decoded.
So it is indeed an early car (August 8th, #100455).
And it had A/C to begin with.

Code:
PH23:
Plymouth Fury
High
2 Door Hardtop
Belvidere, IL, USA

G1D:     318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
100455:  Sequence number

E44:     318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31:     A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
GC8:     Indigo Poly Exterior Color
H6XA:    Trim - High, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Charcoal/Black
000:     Full Door Panels
808:     Build Date: August 08
M01333:  Order number

V1X:     Full Vinyl Top, Black
U:       USA Specifications
A01:     Light Package
A94:     Gold Duster Special Package
B41:     Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
C16:     Console w/Woodgrain Panel

C55:     Bucket Seats
G11:     Tinted Glass (all)
H51:     Air Conditioning with Heater
L31:     Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M25:     Wide sill moldings
M31:     Belt Moldings

M45:     Unknown
N95:     Emissions Control
P25:     Power Left Front Seat
P31:     Power Windows
R11:     Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)

V01:     Mono Tone Paint Treatment
V5X:     Body Side Stripes, Black
Y16:     Sales Bank
26:      26in Radiator
END:     End of Sales Codes

This is a promotional car that was to be sold to the general public after the promotion was over. Promotion cars were used in airports, malls, etc.
They were built in the first few days of production.
The fender tag shows [proves] this information.

This is fact, did you do any research? Did you interview people like Cliff Gromer from Mopar Action and others deep in the magazine business of the 60's and 70's [ do you even know who he is?] about the promotional and press cars?
Are you aware of the Hemi , six pak, 340 - all with a shaker & high impact colors - E bodies that were also produced for these promotions...yeah i did not think so. No you don't get to see the fender tags.

This car does not mean that there were not other promotion cars built after the beginning month of production...Plymouth Spring Promotion for the 1968 model year was started in the spring of 1969

I enjoy poking at you all because you require a reality check.
With that said as i am not your clique [as many others] i am glad and so are you. All of you entitled experts treat our postings like the plague as our post count means something which it really does not. Maybe you guys need a private forum.

Last edited:
Here is the data plate decoded.

Code:
PH23:
Plymouth Fury
High
2 Door Hardtop
Belvidere, IL, USA

G1D:     318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
100455:  Sequence number

E44:     318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31:     A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
GC8:     Indigo Poly Exterior Color
H6XA:    Trim - High, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Charcoal/Black
000:     Full Door Panels
808:     Build Date: August 08
M01333:  Order number

V1X:     Full Vinyl Top, Black
U:       USA Specifications
A01:     Light Package
A94:     Gold Duster Special Package
B41:     Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
C16:     Console w/Woodgrain Panel

C55:     Bucket Seats
G11:     Tinted Glass (all)
H51:     Air Conditioning with Heater
L31:     Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M25:     Wide sill moldings
M31:     Belt Moldings

M45:     Unknown
N95:     Emissions Control
P25:     Power Left Front Seat
P31:     Power Windows
R11:     Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)

V01:     Mono Tone Paint Treatment
V5X:     Body Side Stripes, Black
Y16:     Sales Bank
26:      26in Radiator
END:     End of Sales Codes

M45: Fender Skirts

@whatsmy71sportfuryworth do you still have the fender skirts ?

Welcome from the Mitten, like the other guy's I will be watching to see what happens with the car

This is a promotional car that was to be sold to the general public after the promotion was over. Promotion cars were used in airports, malls, etc.
They were built in the first few days of production.
The fender tag shows [proves] this information.

This is fact, did you do any research? Did you interview people like Cliff Gromer from Mopar Action and others deep in the magazine business of the 60's and 70's [ do you even know who he is?] about the promotional and press cars?
Are you aware of the Hemi , six pak, 340 - all with a shaker & high impact colors - E bodies that were also produced for these promotions...yeah i did not think so. No you don't get to see the fender tags.

This car does not mean that there were not other promotion cars built after the beginning month of production...Plymouth Spring Promotion for the 1968 model year was started in the spring of 1969

With that said as i am not your clique [as many others] i am glad and so are you. All of you entitled experts treat our postings like the plague as our post count means something which it really does not. Maybe you guys need a private forum.
Thanks for the information/opinion... doesn't matter much to me whichever it turns out to be, so no dog in that fight.

I would like to address this...
"With that said as i am not your clique [as many others] i am glad and so are you. All of you entitled experts treat our postings like the plague as our post count means something which it really does not. Maybe you guys need a private forum."

FWIW, this may as well be a publicly viewed private forum, for as many regulars post in here. AFAIAC, the "clique" is more about having a presence enough for others to decide if they enjoy communicating with you or not. For a number of us, all bets were off until we met in person... (yep, I look exactly like Johnny Cash... :rolleyes:).

You have information... come on and participate more. You might even ease into one of the "cliques". Nobody will really get to decide much about you if you don't post. :welcome::thankyou:

If we cared about Hemi cars with shaker hoods and high impact paint, I bet we'd have the photos of the fender tags. What is so special that we, the lowly masses, wouldn't get to see them? I personally don't care about it, it's a promo car, as discussed, doesn't mean anything special.

And I guess we here are too obtuse to realize something other than a C body promo car may have existed beyond a conceptual form. Nope, only C bodies. Show me the tags or they never happened! :poke: How do I tell if my 66 Isa promo car?

My Q coded Polara was one of the Rose Bowl cars. It didn't matter to many if any but me.
Oh and that car was built in October, NOT the first few days of production

. . .Are you aware of the Hemi , six pak, 340 - all with a shaker & high impact colors - E bodies that were also produced for these promotions...yeah i did not think so. No you don't get to see the fender tags.

What the hell are you talking about?!? FCBO is one great big clique. If yer here, you are in the clique. And another thing: how does a '68 model car get its promotion started in the Spring of '69? You remind me of another member here who appears to have had a few too many belts and then gets on line so he can "enjoy poking us."

Back