What are you working on today??

Building.

IMG_4319.jpeg

71345515717__8C8934D1-F728-4E12-A32B-050E67B6A6CD.jpeg

They just kinda float down the road don't they. Like most of the large cars from the 70's
Ford went on a sound and road isolation program in the 70's. Very successful it was. The suspension has a lot of travel in it and the car holds good position while the tires follow the road. The car follows the average in the road and doesn't go up and down with every dip and rise. Bumps in curves don't affect it much. Not much feedback in the steering wheel. Easiest car to drive I've ever driven.
Drive one if you get the chance.

I polished some lenses for a clients car last night. Started with some deep cut polish, then finished with some 3M light machine polish. Another job the customer won't notice.

IMG_4324.jpeg

IMG_4325.jpeg

IMG_4326.jpeg

IMG_4327.jpeg

IMG_4328.jpeg

IMG_4329.jpeg

IMG_4330.jpeg

I have a 99 Suburban in the shop right now that the customer brought in for a 2" lift, Skyjacker kit, everything is going on decent, but the instructions could be better. I don't know where he found this truck, but it sure isn't a Michigan truck, way too clean underneath with no major rust

I have a 99 Suburban in the shop right now that the customer brought in for a 2" lift, Skyjacker kit, everything is going on decent, but the instructions could be better. I don't know where he found this truck, but it sure isn't a Michigan truck, way too clean underneath with no major rust
That must be nice, for a change.

A little change of pace from the C body. Prepping the engine bay on the 70 R/T, getting ready to drop in the freshly built 440.
Lots & lots of taping...
paint b4 2.jpg

paint b4 5.jpg

After everything was masked off, the etching primer was applied and afterwards scuffed up with a scotch brite pad.
paint primer 1.jpeg

The wiper motor nuts were loosened enough to lift the motor from the fire wall.
Then ti was time to spray the hemi orange paint....
painting 1.jpg
painting 2.jpg
painting 3.jpg

Not to worry, all the C bodies and the Scat Pack were parked way up-wind from that cloud.
With the help from @Xenon mixing the colors (remember I'm colorblind) and pointing out the areas I needed to go over a second time, I think paint in the engine bay turned out super nice.
After the paint was applied, I went over everything again with the clear to give it that shiny, fresh paint look.

painted 3.jpg

painted 1.jpg

painted 5.jpg

I left the wire looms on as much as I could to protect the wires from the paint, since new looms will go back on when the engine gets installed.
painted 2.jpg

Back