What car was your "rolling bordello" when you were in school?

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
My Dad had a used car dealer license all through when I was in high school in the mid-'70s, so he had a wide variety of cars that were prime candidates for taking little Susie down the street out for a little action at the drive-in movie. I bought and sold a few cars myself before I even had a driver license, with my first car being a 1952 Plymouth Cranbrook at age 12, that I bought for just ten bucks, AND drove home!

The car I had on my 16th birthday was a 1966 VW Type III fastback, white with red interior, AM/FM/SW Blaupunkt radio, twin carbs and bone stock. VW cars have never been known as the car you want to get all hot and bothered in, so after I blew up the engine in it and a second VW, I needed full-sized American iron to meet the needs of power, and other things.

Right after the VW debacle, I had a '68 Impala SS fastback that I paid $100 for at a Ford dealer auction. It was a blue/blue 327 4-bbl car with automatic and air...and a monster back seat! Mind you, this was in the day where if you had an underdash 8-track, or the new thing - cassette! - you were awesome! I had just installed a Realistic brand underdash cassette deck with two 6x9 Kraco 3-way speakers in the rear shelf. We're talking uptown here! Got some white rabbit fur and covered the dash pad wtih it (remember doing that???), and it came out pretty good, too! I'd have to call that Impala my first "bordello" car. Chrysler ownership came later on for me. It took until I turned 20 before I had a nice Mopar driver car.

What about you guys???

I had a 69 Superbee in 1971 and a brand new 73 Ralleye Challenger in 1973. Both were muff magnets.........I didn't even have a pimp hat yet. LOL!

106559 1985 left.jpg

Thats her at her worst, 1985 or 86. I spent many nights in that car alone and with Girls..... My wife and I "learned about love in the back of a Dodge" in that Polara. Dad bought her in 75 and I took it in 83.
There was a place called Irish Hill in Runnemede NJ that we would park and get busy. The one moment that stands out was the cops coming in with a spot light and clearing the cars out. I drove away buck naked scared to death as my wife was getting dressed and sorting out my clothes...this was around 85'

As the car is photoed she had a 440 with 3 two barrels . A Kenwood stereo CD with an amp under the rear seat and A couple 6x9s in the rear deck. In 85 CDs were just getting rolling.
My favorite bands then, CCR and the Guess Who

106559 1985 left.jpg

62 Rambler wagon. The backs of the front seats flipped down to make a bed with the back seat. Then all you had to do is reach out from under the blanket, over the back of the rear seat, to grab a beer in back.

It was my 68 Cougar and there was a place called Sunset Cliffs, on the ocean side of Point Loma, where you could park and look out over the Pacific Ocean to watch the submarine races. Today those parking areas are pretty much off limits due to wave erosion.

unstable_cliffs.jpg

I had a 69 Road Runner and once in a while my dad would let me take his 72 Fury . Man, those days were a lot simpler.

I drove our black and tourqoise interior 68 New Yorker occasionally

The Fury was dark blue, in and out. My old man was not splashy. I was the one with traditional Chrysler green. Love to have Both of those cars.

Mine was the nightmare of any parent with teenage girls lol. I worked at a GMC truck lot when I was 17 yrs old and bought a wholesale trade that came in... a 1974 Dodge Tradesman 200 for $400, the short wheelbase one, 318c.i w/ three on the tree, a cargo van with only the two front seats. Of course the comfort level in the cargo area needed to be improved, so naturally a mattress and throw pillows were added. Damn, there were some good times in that ride.

Last edited:
opel%20koplampen.jpg

58 Opel Rekord. Bought it on my 18th birthday. The car still exists, sold it about ten years ago to the next village.

opel%20koplampen.jpg

There is a '58 Rekord for sale about three miles away from me. It looks like a 5/8-scale '55 Chevy 210 to me.

That was the General idea, plus the Buick sweepspear thrown on. Back then the Overall Body design was made in the US with just some Details left to German Designers. The Station wagon has the Forward slant b-pillar a la Nomad.

The real action with the ladies started in a 65 Ford Econoline Van all panelled in the back. But after that I became a stoncho Poncho guy.

These are the 66 Beaumont SD ragtop 283 and 67 Beaumont SD 396 I had in about '73 or '74. After that came a 69 GTO. The Beaumont was the Canadian Pontiac version of the Tempest and really a Chevelle hybrid.

67 Beaumont SD.jpg66 Beaumont Conv.jpg

66 Beaumont Conv.jpg

67 Beaumont SD.jpg

Back