What did you do to your C-body today....

Bupkiss. To much yard work to do.... I did manage to put the newest insurance cards in all of them if that counts. LOL

Got the rubber fuel line replaced with hard lines, finalized AC bracket location and mounted AC pulleys, (non AC car/doing AC conversion), new cap/rotor, re-routed sparkplug wires….much better! Will update my other threads with some pics of progress.

Just fired up BBQ and smoker.....watching NASCAR out on back patio, still about 70 degrees!!

Last edited:
I wish you were working on a solution to your vapor lock problem, rather than buying stuff for your brand new car, so you can bring the NYB to Carlisle.

We're gonna miss you... just sayin'

The Scat Pack is coming to Carlisle.

Nutt’en today or this week.. been to cold and wet in NYC.. I did however pull my inner fender on the 77 a few days back to access my blower motor and power antenna for maintenance.. still need to do that maintenance and reinstall everything as well as some painting and house keeping in the area.

07C83E21-3867-416D-940D-7AEB9FFAFD9B.jpeg
4DEACA1C-EEBE-4071-B4A5-56A544442463.jpeg
482D8059-A7FD-433C-BEFF-AB3E27BA8E7C.jpeg
958CEED3-25B1-4935-85B1-00CC253652E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Nutt’en today or this week.. been to cold and wet in NYC.. I did however pull my inner fender on the 77 a few days back to access my blower motor and power antenna for maintenance.. still need to do that maintenance and reinstall everything as well as some painting and house keeping in the area.

View attachment 285170 View attachment 285168 View attachment 285167 View attachment 285169

I can't find the thread that Stan posted a fix (mod) so you can access the blower motor next time on a Formal and you won't have to take half the dang car apart.

@commando1

I can't find the thread that Stan posted a fix (mod) so you can access the blower motor next time on a Formal so you won't have to take half the dang car apart.

@commando1
I saw it. but didn’t want to Cut the fender well.. Plus I just got curious.. one wrench turn turned into another and voilà.. plus it’s gonna give me an opportunity to clean and paint stuff I otherwise I wouldn’t be able to access. I like doing things the hard way. Lol

Drove a good 50 miles. She’s fresh out of getting four new corners.. verdict is out on the brake booster... sucked for the first few miles but seemed to come back after that..vac issue? .. I’ll likely replace it anyway but it was SO awesome not to be white knuckling it around. .. hit 75 and it was a dream.
85D27CF6-1FCC-4BB6-8607-4C60202895F0.jpeg

Drove a good 50 miles. She’s fresh out of getting four new corners.. verdict is out on the brake booster... sucked for the first few miles but seemed to come back after that..vac issue? .. I’ll likely replace it anyway but it was SO awesome not to be white knuckling it around. .. hit 75 and it was a dream.
View attachment 285202

Boosters that are bad do not come back. Have you checked the vac hose going into the booster? These were known to collapse the center membrane and starve the booster for vacuum to operate.

Dave

Boosters that are bad do not come back. Have you checked the vac hose going into the booster? These were known to collapse the center membrane and starve the booster for vacuum to operate.

Dave
I replaced it but should re check it... it was strange, I had like NO assist then at the next stop everything seemed fine.

Trying some beautiful Hurst wheels I had in the basement on the GT.
MVIMG_20190510_154727.jpg

Started it up and listened to all the noise coming out of the torque converter. I did manage to piss off my neighbors while I made lots of vroom noises while I pretended to cruise through the mountains. Maybe I can get it fixed this year and hit the mountain roads for real.
:steering:

I replaced it but should re check it... it was strange, I had like NO assist then at the next stop everything seemed fine.

The other possibility is that the brakes had an air bubble in the lines someplace that purged itself. You might also want to check the check valve on the booster case and the fitting that comes from the manifold. The manifold fitting sometimes carbons up and restricts vac flow. Check valves that are inoperative allow the vacuum in the booster to be bled off under full throttle operation.

Dave

Back