What did you do to your C-body today....

Pulled out a couple of steering coupler bolts to get a feel for how the replacement will go. Popped out some of the broken wire strap posts on the drivers inner fender.
Pulled the car out and warmed her up, then put it back in storage.

I scored a new battery for the Monaco for $60 so that was a no brainer. I installed it along with the original hold down.

Since I won't be putting in the battery in and out I also reinstalled the original washer bottle.

I replaced the burnt out bulbs on both the front marker lights.

I fired the old girl up and let her run for a bit.

I was thinking of taking her in to a local exhaust shop and getting a new muffler and a little section of pipe

Dave

Yesterday, re- torqued my transmission pan bolts. They had a tiny seep, got about 1/4 turn before hitting torque.
Was smelling a little oil. Looks like my oil sending unit has a little seep. Was able to turn a little tighter, but It may be coming out of the sender itself between the steel and plastic part. I ran it this morning so I will have to check it out again.

This morning I got up early and headed into town to hopefully catch the Fargo Theater lit up. No such luck lights were off before 5:45 AM. They probably turn them off when the bars close. I may have to go at night and dodge traffic. Anyway I stopped at the Old Fargo Train Depot and snapped some shots. I used my Cannon G7 which is about 12 years old now. I haven't used it in about 5 years as the cell phone has taken over. I used a tri-pod and no flash. Some decent shots. The ones closer to 6:00 am are a little grainy but I think I can find something to make a wall poster out of.\
We have family friends (Old neighbor in two different neighborhoods) whose High School Daughter has won some National Photo awards. She is always recruiting my daughter (They have been friends since birth) to be her subject for some of her portfolio's. I wonder if she needs any car shots for her portfolio. :)
I am not that good of a Photographer once I go off the Automatic camera settings.
IMG_1563 (2).JPG
IMG_1590 (2).JPG
IMG_1601.JPG
IMG_1608.JPG
IMG_1617.JPG
IMG_1624.JPG

Call the theater and ask if they can leave the lights on one night, might work!

Attended the Memories Car Show in Selkirk (just north of Winnipeg) today. The show is set up to honour the organizers daughter with proceeds being donated. It was a beautiful day for the show and when I completed my entry I was number 505 and plenty showed up later, probably close to 600. The show usually is set up by the river but this year they were running out of room. Went along the river up the bank and along some of the streets. Good entertainment on hand as well.

DC9C933D-3160-4C9B-AE14-8A0C9ABDB77E.jpeg

BD4C4CE4-839E-4397-9DBE-649F3EB2AF5C.jpeg

A74479D4-0BF0-4A37-B557-BE77BB7EB31B.jpeg

A40BBBBB-1C0E-41FD-8CEF-B33A21B7C7F0.jpeg

BE9FF384-87AD-4EF9-840B-91F60D5F2DB9.jpeg

ABFFA787-7C3D-49BF-AE20-95B223CBF33D.jpeg

13178EC4-F7EC-4617-B801-FE012F8CCD3D.jpeg

CD944131-9BA2-4588-8AC6-9EA921032960.jpeg

659A3B97-98E6-4940-8C89-A78B64A6AEDE.jpeg

4666FA8D-8045-4051-AE20-4D397AA969E2.jpeg

Turned it up to 12, psi that is.
I think I need to move up 1 size on the water injection jet, inlet temps hit 190*, a rise of 60* in about 3 sec.
It only takes a couple minutes of sitting still running to move the air temp from near ambient to 120-130*, it's hot under there!
At 12psi it's starting to feel like it wants to pull. It's feeling poochie down low however. New tires are much stickier as well

I had a misfiring problem, and today I took off the distributor cap and sanded the carbon off of the contacts. Worked like a charm. I also went on a joyride! :D

I was placing an online order for a battery for my NYB last night from Advance Auto Parts. 20% off the battery ordering on line. Well I fell asleep before ordering it. So this morning I get an email from AAP saying that they saved my online cart order and I can have a code for 25% off if I still want the battery. So I get the group 27 battery for $35 off walk-in price. Was $144 and paid $109 for it.

Dang! I should of paid more attention.....

I drove about 10 miles to get a Group 27 battery with a manufacture date of 6/19. I checked the manufacture sticker and it was 6/19 and it was a group 27 battery. I get back to my NYB and I put the battery in the car and the battery cables won't reach the terminals. Dumb *** me....for not checking closer. They gave me a 27F battery which has the reverse posts. I wasted another hour going back and getting a regular group 27 battery. I had to settle with a 1/19 manufacture date which is OK with me. The battery normally lasts a couple years past the warranty anyways.

Redid the alignment on the Boab. Inside edge of front tires were wearing unevenly.
Thw toe was out on both sides doing the snowplow.
Rebalnce and rotate next.
Getting ready for Moparfest.
20190813_085947.jpg

I dropped my car off at my sister's shop she works at, so they can fix all the holes in my floor panels. When i get it back off to find where more water is leaking in from, from behind the dash, to explain why the front left floor got so bad

Dodged rain drops today. Fired up the NYB to normal operating temp. Charging and the new battery operating normally.

Dodged rain drops today. Fired up the NYB to normal operating temp. Charging and the new battery operating normally.
Thought you'd forgotten about the old gals since getting your hot new twenty something girlfriend, I mean Scat Pac.

Back