What did you do to your C-body today....

Edelbrock 750 vac secondaries....it injects fuel into the motor just fine....:rolleyes::D

I have this on it now.......

20180915_123637.jpg

Holley 850 Quick Fuel

Also thinking about fuel injection......

Any thoughts on which manufacturer is the best choice for fuel injection conversion????

Thanks!
I’ll anxiously await your findings Bob, I’m actually considering the same.. I know there’s a few other threads that have circulated from others that I’ve tried or actually done it, but I’m curious to see where this goes.

Took the battery tray out of the '62 300 today. Reached out to Murray Park (and others) looking for a solid one as mine is full of rust and corrosion holes. Last resort is to rebuild what I have.

Well the old wagon has become a storage unit again. :( I have to clear out the shop for the insulation and drywall work in the next few weeks so had to find space for a bunch of the stuff....back of the wagon seemed like a good place for all the 8' lights and other electrical components to finish the shop.

1CjtASSh.jpg

b3HmLXGh.jpg

Had to move the seat all the way forward and rest the lights up on the back of the front seat....and for a 6'8" guy that makes getting in and out and moving the car around pretty tough.

As well as Kayak storage.....

53LxRaHh.jpg

About 40 degrees F today. Took it to Fleet Farm to get some SeaFoam and top off the gas tank. After I got home I changed the oil. I am ready for winter if it comes. Hopefully if it is still clear in two weeks I want to take it to a driveline guy to help me find my 80mph vibration.
I put 1906 miles on it this summer. First mileage since ‘88.
E8E2F7E3-4E63-4885-9290-AD6BC481E134.jpeg

Beautiful day today, so we fired up big red and did some back road exploring and leaf looking. Leaves are pretty much done bit we still had a great time. Put about 300 miles on the Newport.

20191025_155753.jpg

20191025_155739.jpg

I gave the 300 a wash today, and took a ride since the weather was so nice.
Got back to the shop and moved some stuff around and backed the New Yorker up onto the hoist. With the seasons changing, I plan on pulling the trans for a rebuild and take the 440 out of the car to re-gasket everything and give it a good freshening up.
The rebuild kit from A&A Transmissions arrived late last week, which will make it a good place to start.
The goal is to make the car road worthy for my first trip to Carlisle next year.
That show is on my bucket list. Everyone on this board who's been going there annually, and with speaking with Wyatt after taking the ServPro last year, I got to make this happen.
1027 T6.jpg
1027 T2.jpg
1027 T1.jpg
1027 T4.jpg
1027 T3.jpg

We just got home from abt a 300 mile excursion in Big Red up the Wisconsin and Mississippi river, then over to Balltown, IA and some of the prettiest views in the upper midwest.
I'm not a Chevy guy, but we met a great couple from near Dubuque. They bought this '71 Malibu in '72. Its really "day two" period correct, right down to the shag carpeting and 8 track player!! Sorry no scenery pics today....

20191027_155818.jpg

20191027_155741.jpg

20191027_190432.jpg

We just got home from abt a 300 mile excursion in Big Red up the Wisconsin and Mississippi river, then over to Balltown, IA and some of the prettiest views in the upper midwest.
I'm not a Chevy guy, but we met a great couple from near Dubuque. They bought this '71 Malibu in '72. Its really "day two" period correct, right down to the shag carpeting and 8 track player!! Sorry no scenery pics today....

View attachment 325989

View attachment 325990

View attachment 325992
That explains why you didn't answer my phone call! It sure is some pretty scenery over that way.

I gave the 300 a wash today, and took a ride since the weather was so nice.
Got back to the shop and moved some stuff around and backed the New Yorker up onto the hoist. With the seasons changing, I plan on pulling the trans for a rebuild and take the 440 out of the car to re-gasket everything and give it a good freshening up.
The rebuild kit from A&A Transmissions arrived late last week, which will make it a good place to start.
The goal is to make the car road worthy for my first trip to Carlisle next year.
That show is on my bucket list. Everyone on this board who's been going there annually, and with speaking with Wyatt after taking the ServPro last year, I got to make this happen.
View attachment 325947 View attachment 325948 View attachment 325949 View attachment 325950 View attachment 325951
That is an impressive garage my friend. And Carlisle is a must. So get it all together, lol. hope to see you in July

Alas, with the forecast of 3-6" of snow, followed by cold weather, I succumbed to the forces of nature and put Big Red to bed for the winter. Glad that we got one last nice weekend in. Now to focus on the 300 and one of the trucks.

That explains why you didn't answer my phone call! It sure is some pretty scenery over that way.
Yes, we're blessed with great scenery and wonderful backroads around here. Sorry I didn't get back to you, time has a way of slipping away :rolleyes:

I removed someone's cheap-o get around to a bad wiper/washer switch on the '65 Sport Fury today. About a week again, I bought a new NOS switch on eBay. Today I got in there and sorted the wiring as it should be, and got it all back to proper factory original working order. What they had done, (whenever it was done as the previous owner had no idea as he bought it with the hack installed. Looks like something from the mid-80's), was they cut the brown wire from the wiper switch connector to the washer pump and installed a plate with a momentary switch located right in front of the e-brake pedal under the dash. The switch was just a momentary Normally Open connection that when switched on, closed the the power circuit. On the other side of the crappy switch, they took a bare terminal and shoved it into the side of a glass fuse terminal for power. It looked terrible... and worst of all... really cheap. It worked, but made no-sense as far as safety and design. I imagine it was done like this for lack of parts... but what was worse it that they also installed the wrong wiper/washer switch in the dashboard. The one installed had no terminal for the washer pump motor, hence the need for the washer pump hack.

So not sure what the history behind this hack, but it's sorted now. I have no pics... because I just get in there and start working, and well.. it's kind-of a boring fix... lol. But I am really happy with the end results... the correct factory wiper/washer switch and a working washer pump with the press of the wiper switch. No more hack.

Yes... simple.. but it took me 2 hours to figure it all out simply because of the piss-poor wiring job they did. :eek:

IMG_20191105_115215893.jpg

Last edited:
Back