What did you do to your C-body today....

It was, until I took it apart to fix it up. 6 years driving it, 22 years looking at the pieces and moving them all across the country.

Gave up any hopes of another drive this year. Went out to organize my garage and put the old girl under wraps. if it was cold this would be considered a full out blizzard. Damn Colorado sending up their lows.
better get a second bottle of scotch and hunker Dow.

56D2FCE5-80A9-4769-843A-446E64C9B853.jpeg

6975ED2F-7CE5-4B88-96C0-9F3486FDEE1E.jpeg

Got that troublesome drum off with some persuasion. Shoes were fused to the drum, adjuster was solid. Parking brake was not going to give either. Sitting all those years didn't do it any good. New drum from Murray on its way.
20191007_210445.jpg

New trunk weatherstrip and working on getting the details done in the trunk

Also, new floor mats and changed the oil to VR-1 10w30.

IMG_20191012_145246070.jpg

IMG_20191012_164113218_HDR.jpg

Today, took the BoaB for one last ride of the season. Right after when this pic was taken, she is now tucked away in hibernation til spring...
20191014_135023.jpg

I ran out of gas! I hadn't driven the car in a while, and I forgot how much gas wasn't in the tank. A seven block walk home was needed exercise, and the station was right across the street from the car. It's going to the storage unit today. :( But I still have the Monaco at the house for a little bit more driving before the year is over.

IMG_20191019_135451.jpg

Could you have left the hood up ad stood there for a little bit and waited for a couple guys to stop and ask if you needed help...then ask them to help you push it across the street to the gas station....:)

Could you have left the hood up ad stood there for a little bit and waited for a couple guys to stop and ask if you needed help...then ask them to help you push it across the street to the gas station....:)
Plenty of people looked when I had the hood up, and drove right on by. I grabbed my tools and went back, I only needed a screwdriver.

IMG_20191019_153513.jpg

Don't know how that happened, but a couple.of minutes later the car was running and on the way to storage. I did discover the sending unit is leaking. Fun for next year.

IMG_20191019_171643.jpg

I dropped my gas tank and removed the sending unit only to find out it is time for some new pieces. Feel free to see the pictures in 'Members Projects & Restorations' under: 'A Few More Steps....'

New alternator. Now I don’t have to shut off my wipers at red lights.

Ordered new glove box. Old one was duct taped together. Ripped it out first week I had the car.

Also thinking about fuel injection......

Any thoughts on which manufacturer is the best choice for fuel injection conversion????

Thanks!

Back