What did you do to your C-body today....

Tuesday, I cleaned my carb of the deposits I didn't completely clean last year. And I adjusted the floats. Runs better after cleaning a plugged squirter, but needs plugs now, might also have a lifter with a stuck plunger.

View attachment 374050
What an apropriately named brew...... not to attack your parentage, just your attitude. :poke::rofl:

Tuesday, I cleaned my carb of the deposits I didn't completely clean last year. And I adjusted the floats. Runs better after cleaning a plugged squirter, but needs plugs now, might also have a lifter with a stuck plunger.

View attachment 374050

I'd dump a quart of ATF in it and let it idle on that for a while. The last thing I had with a stuck juice lifter, ATF cured it before I was finished pouring.

Worth a try.

Kevin

I'd dump a quart of ATF in it and let it idle on that for a while. The last thing I had with a stuck juice lifter, ATF cured it before I was finished pouring.

Worth a try.

Kevin
I'll give it a try.

The power steering pump leak kept getting worse on my 300. I always wonder if they ever get better, but I guess not.

I was going to put new seals in the pump, but when I saw a rebuilt pump on eBay called out in another thread for $52 plus shipping, I decided to go that route instead. A little less work for me.

Pressing on the old pulley with a piece of 3/8 threaded rod, a nut and a nifty bearing piece from another puller.

v00LTQy.jpg

All is good... Nice and quiet and doesn't seem to be marking its territory anymore.

Standby for LOTS AND LOTS OF SMOKE.. just say’en lol
When I worked @ a Shell station when I was in high school, the station owner ‘pickled’ an Olds diesel and poured ATF down the intake until it eventually died. The cloud of smoke was massive for 10 minutes. He said that it was to preserve the valve train...

Last edited:
Talking with my gear head neighbor the other day. He said that he always puts some ( A few ounces ) of ATF in the gas tank when he fills it up. He says the stuff is very similar to the chemistry of Marvel mystery oil... but obviously much cheaper to buy. Does anyone know if that’s true or not? I was thinking of putting a little two cycle oil in with my gas when I fill up… Not a lot, just a couple ounces per tank. Thought it might offset the ethanol when I can’t get to the good stuff. Also, If you put some ATF in a crank case to loosen a sticky valve, wouldn’t you have to change the oil very soon after that?

Talking with my gear head neighbor the other day. He said that he always puts some ( A few ounces ) of ATF in the gas tank when he fills it up. He says the stuff is very similar to the chemistry of Marvel mystery oil... but obviously much cheaper to buy. Does anyone know if that’s true or not? I was thinking of putting a little two cycle oil in with my gas when I fill up… Not a lot, just a couple ounces per tank. Thought it might offset the ethanol when I can’t get to the good stuff. Also, If you put some ATF in a crank case to loosen a sticky valve, wouldn’t you have to change the oil very soon after that?
@Ripinator has a magic formula that he adds to his gas. Maybe he can chime in.

I add one of those small bottles of synthetic 2 cycle oil mix to pump gas. The Monaco, lawnmower and snow thrower all run better on our crappy ethanol gas now.

I believe the magic formula being referred to is marine two stroke oil with TC-W3. 1 ounce per 5 gallons of gas.

Yep. That's the stuff. And that is the correct mix (one ounce per five gallons of gas). Get it at Wally World by the gallon for about $14.00.

I add it when I'm not able to get ethanol free, but honestly it probably wouldn't hurt to run it all the time.

On another not I fought, just a little bit, trying to get the passenger side motor mount in. It doesn't seem to be made correctly. Close, but not correct.

No no, pour it in the crankcase. If that makes it smoke, you've got bigger problems than a stuck lifter.

Kevin
Ops, sorry Kevin I misunderstood or misread. I only speak from experience in Pouring transmission fluid down the carburetor to try and clear things up..

Vacuumed the interior and engine bay, the started to put on my Cragar wires... then realized that the calipers are too big and I can't fit the 14s. So not time to start solving.

Last edited:
Back