What did you do to your C-body today....

Is that 4th one down from the top the b-body HP air cleaner?
Longer dual snorkels were on those IIRC.

Is that 4th one down from the top the b-body HP air cleaner?
Longer dual snorkels were on those IIRC.
you might be right .. it was on a '69 C civi car (maybe it was on a '68 Fury I squad tho?) I had once.

its this one (source: Nick's Garage - Air Cleaner Identification)

1647183989968.png

1647184220411.png

hope that helps chief. ..

:thumbsup:

Last week the Budd brake spring clamps arrived from @detmatt for the 69 Imperial. Thanks again!
After learning the rotors were available through several sources when @Mr C replied to a post in the Carlisle 2021 thread, the front rotors were scored last year through a contact of @Xenon. With everything needed been gathered, it was time to go to work.
View attachment 517639View attachment 517640View attachment 517641View attachment 517642View attachment 517643View attachment 517644View attachment 517646View attachment 517647View attachment 517648View attachment 517649
What a nice shop!

I wanted to replace the timing cover gasket, the timing chain itself, and the oil pan gasket - I started on the timing cover first because that was the bigger job by far.

I got like 80% done but I need some special wrenches to unthread the A/C lines - none of my Craftsman set are big enough to the task. There's absolutely no freon in the system so I'm not worried about it leaking out. If nothing else I'll rebuild the A/C compressor too.

I put certain stuff in boxes to at least have some semblance of organization: Gonna be interesting to put it all back together since I basically winged this (but I don't think it'll be too bad).

liHioE4.png

E8vHFJI.png

qN92MNH.png

1rGQESN.png

cy2ILC4.png

Being able to that sort of work for yourself must be very gratifying.
Thank you! I'm really happy with how it came out. First time I've made or installed a bow type headliner. Just carefully used the old stuff as a pattern and followed the manual exactly on how to install it.

In preparing to replace the clutch in my Fury, I discovered that the runout on the bellhousing was 0.018". As this is excessive, I went in search of offset dowel pins. Local parts houses and transmission shops were of no help, so I set out to make a set. Needed offset was 0.009". I found a half inch bolt to be a good press fit in the block and a good slip fit in the bellhousing. I laid a bead of weld on one side of part of the bolt, filed it down to 0.009" and filed the opposite side to bring the overall diameter to the original bolt size. I cut two sections each with one end unaltered and the other end the modified section. After instsllation, runout is 0.001", So a successful project.
Hopefully this will end the clutch chatter! Now, if the new synchro rings end the trans problems.........

Installed the hood insulation, put the old plate back on, and wiped a year of body shop dust off the under carriage.
Under car.jpg
MI plate.jpg

Cleaned some bugs off the underside and wheel wells leftover from last year.
Then took the Polara out for exercise, after a long winter slumber(since mid October) Since it was 27 degrees I got to exercise the heater as well. It is damn efficient.

0CF75601-CF38-469D-901E-CEF30F7EA9FC.jpeg
59D15EB4-31BA-4739-8BD1-EE143165BAD1.jpeg

I drove my 75 to church. It's a 25 mile hike, mostly hiway so it got a good work out. Then for fun I filled the gas tank, $71.50. I needed to go back to church after that. :)

Registered the 71 New Yorker for the MCACN show in November. It's a lottery of sorts, so no confirmation if they'll approve of my entry yet.
They've got room for 550 cars at the convention hall in Rosemont, but this year they will have a new special invitational area set aside called "Big Body Muscle" for larger performance cars. I emailed the guy in charge who sent me the registration link. He's a Mopar guy, so we'll see.
The invitational will feature cars of 1962 in the display, but later model cars will be included too.
At past MCACN events, I've seen Trev's 300 Hurst there, Dave Wheelers 6 pack Fury, Billy Furys cars and the sunroof Fury GT that I can recall from previous shows.
MCACN is always a good show to go to, and a nice way to do something car oriented late in the season after most our rides have been put into storage for the season.

Earlier this week I made an appointment for Monday with the guy who will be painting the pin stripes back onto the car. Moved a couple cars around and cleaned the NYer for Monday.
Before it got taken off the hoist, I removed and correctly installed the front DMT splash shields that were previously removed put on wrong by the body shop.
prep for PS7.jpg

prep for PS1.jpg
prep for PS4.jpg

prep for PS6.jpg

It seems that the rear engine seal I installed over 40 years ago may be getting tired. I dropped the oil pan and am preparing to change the seal, but I decided that, since I'm in this far, I'll replace the front seal too. If memory serves me well (??!!) I installed a wear sleeve on the balancer way back when ,so should be a simple job now. If these seals last as well as the last ones, they will be someone elses problem next time!
Some of you might enjoy checking out the Atlanti Nationals show here in Moncton in July. The website is www.atlanticnationals.com Lindsay

Another flight home, another Arizona hand full of parts. Carpet trim pieces for the third row seat for my wagon and a washer bottle from a Cardoba as a stand in. Maybe

Well we all know how one small project can turn into a large one, I pulled both inner fender wells out and had the passenger side powder coated several months back.. recently polled the driver side and both upper control arms and sent them out for Powder Coat, waiting for them to come back. But I install the passenger side since I had it, Gee wonder what’s next. Lol i’ll freshen up the frame rail and clean up everything I can reach before reinstalling the driver side inner fender well, through some new spark plugs and the 440 on both sides since it was easy access.

4B984805-04FF-4361-8C5E-75CC1224A3C8.jpeg

6B755DAD-DC66-4853-BA12-EBEA0997D102.jpeg

C4A7DC24-D3FA-47B5-8883-4C2863550800.jpeg

9FDC625F-DA47-4916-AB66-460DDC500551.jpeg

Last edited:
The inner fenders are looking good. Keep at it and before you know it, you'll have it all back together.
Are you planning to spray any undercoating on the inner fenders in the wheel wells?
It will help keep the sound of rocks bouncing off the road and hitting the inner fenders to a minimum. (Probably why MaMopar did this on the assembly line).

Back