What did you do to your C-body today....

Well after 3 years of search was able to find the correct Bendix booster to complete the front disc changeover on the wagon .I sent it to Booster Dewey for a rebuild and had it installed yesterday along with our annual Pa state safety inspection.The pedal goes a little further than before I just got to drive it to get used to it

View attachment 529631

View attachment 529633

View attachment 529634

View attachment 529635
I do not think the Bendix booster uses that spacer to the master, that may impact your pedal.

Alan

Thanks Alan I'll mention it to my old school mechanic and take it back and have him remove it.Do you know if the rod going into the master cylinder should have a acorn nut on the end of it, the Bendix booster did not have one on it but the one that was on my car that we took off did it was the all drum booster.

Thanks Alan I'll mention it to my old school mechanic and take it back and have him remove it.Do you know if the rod going into the master cylinder should have a acorn nut on the end of it, the Bendix booster did not have one on it but the one that was on my car that we took off did it was the all drum booster.
No, just the round nub of the rod
2021-12-18_003.jpg

Alan

Alan: The booster that Dewey rebuilt for me looks like the one in your picture except there is a stud on the end of the geared portion but no nub that's why I asked if it is a acorn nut that screws on the stud.Here is a picture of the drum booster we took off and the nub looks like acorn nut .

IMG_20220507_232442051.jpg

IMG_20220507_232437469.jpg

IMG_20220507_232406577_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220507_232403899_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220507_232401242_BURST000_COVER.jpg

I made some more progress on the interior yesterday. I wired up the vintage air control panel in the console. Installed the kick panel vents I restored and installed the door panels.
20220507_131148.jpg
20220507_141731.jpg
20220507_142111.jpg
20220507_162150.jpg

I have cold A/C in my 78 New Yorker! It is a low milage car (17K) and the system had not been tampered with and did not blow cold when I bought it. Right before covid I dumped two cans of R-12 in the system. It worked for a few days, not really good then quit again. We scoped it out and it was determined the system was full, but the expansion valve was bad. (Once removed, you could see rust deposits on the inner shaft). Replaced the dryer, the expansion valve, a few o-rings and fabricated a new hose for one that was bulging at one end. It was 90 F today in Chicago, we were running at 47 F in the Chrysler. Love Mopar engineering from the 70's. Something fun about having your windows up on a 80 F + day while younger cars have their windows down. If you are in the Chicago Area, you have to go to Lake Zurich Radiator; I have used them on all my "classic"cars. Now we have to wait for gas to come down from $4.90 a gallon. Our crap corn gas is hell in a 440 engine bay during high temps. One more thing off the list, wipers- check: where are the new door / glass seals being promised for years. ; )

I have cold A/C in my 78 New Yorker! It is a low milage car (17K) and the system had not been tampered with and did not blow cold when I bought it. Right before covid I dumped two cans of R-12 in the system. It worked for a few days, not really good then quit again. We scoped it out and it was determined the system was full, but the expansion valve was bad. (Once removed, you could see rust deposits on the inner shaft). Replaced the dryer, the expansion valve, a few o-rings and fabricated a new hose for one that was bulging at one end. It was 90 F today in Chicago, we were running at 47 F in the Chrysler. Love Mopar engineering from the 70's. Something fun about having your windows up on a 80 F + day while younger cars have their windows down. If you are in the Chicago Area, you have to go to Lake Zurich Radiator; I have used them on all my "classic"cars. Now we have to wait for gas to come down from $4.90 a gallon. Our crap corn gas is hell in a 440 engine bay during high temps. One more thing off the list, wipers- check: where are the new door / glass seals being promised for years. ; )
Share pics of your NYB.. I have a 77 and a 17K mile car sounds interesting..

Cops sent me a letter about my junk car in front of the garage, only took them a year! :rofl:

Guess I'll put the collector plate on and spoil their fun.

Cops sent me a letter about my junk car in front of the garage, only took them a year! :rofl:

Guess I'll put the collector plate on and spoil their fun.
I hope for you they're not like a couple of towns over.
We have to prove that any "junk" "eye sore" vehicle is operational or it can be towed and impounded until repairs can be made. Titled, plated and even insured if the vehicle is in disrepair its still considered illegal. That unless you are business in an approved area. Per city ordinance.

We have to prove that any "junk" "eye sore" vehicle is operational or it can be towed and impounded until repairs can be made. Titled, plated and even insured if the vehicle is in disrepair its still considered illegal. That unless you are business in an approved area. Per city ordinance.
Minnesota for ya…

I can tow it to my storage unit if need be. I'm not worried about losing the car.

Man I'm sure glad I live out in the sticks...;)

Man I'm sure glad I live out in the sticks...;)
I live in a town of about 1500. I'm 40 miles from @King Hooter who lives in a town of about 18,000. Not quite away from civilization, but sticks in my opinion.

The cop was just looking for some money for the city is my first guess. I talked with my neighbor, who said the cop was driving all over, taking pictures of another house where they have old cars and trucks in the woods behind their house. I'll ask my other neighbor across the street if he got a letter, he's got an old Mercury Lynx hatchback with a collector plate. It's been in the same spot for over a decade.

That's some serious horse sh#t. Especially if they're getting revenue from the registration.
Collector plate vehicles are a one time registration fee, good for the rest of the owners life. And the plate is only $20 plus fees, so like $50. I tag a car for a year regular plate, $54. Then the following year I get a collector plate, sometimes a personal one for an additional $100. Then I never have to drop a dime on registration. I am required to have one regular plate car to conform to the stupid statute.

But the registration money goes to the state, not the city, so it does nothing for them.

If I tow it to storage, I hope to replace it with my '72 W200 crew cab step side, let them look at some more "junk".

It's all a power game, so just play it. Move the car 3 feet every week or so. Turn it around once or twice. If you don't give them a reason, they typically won't bother you.

Back