What engine is in this thing?

here is a picture for the drivers side 440 TNT c body. It differs slightly from the 68-69
2863409 driver side. The correct Number would be 2843247. You can see it doesn't wrap under the column as much. Fender tag as well.

View attachment 180397

View attachment 180398
You are welcome!
I am parting a 66 Coronet soon, I remember you like to collect fender tags?
it is a four door with a 361 engine. runs great, but every piece of steel or chrome is rusted, dented, or busted.

There is a "note" in Galen's White Book for the "K engine" that says "The 1967 CHRY+PLY Serv. Manual are incorrect".

His book says the "K" engine is a 440 w/single 4 bbl. NOT the HP version, which is "L" code.

"J" code in 1967 is a 426 Hemi.

In a '66 Chrysler, a 'J' code is a 440. . . A code '82' under the 'AB' position on the fender tag indicates the engine is a TNT 440.

But I believe we are talking about a '67 model here in this thread?? No? And the printing errors in the '67 FSM.

Yes. That is true. . . I was responding to the 'J' code remark regarding the 426 Hemi, and I should have mentioned that, but I thought the quoted text made it clear enough.

OK Rip, I wasn't before, but now I am confused what you're talking about. ALL of my posts were in regard to the "1967" model year. NOWHERE did I mention anything about a "1966" model "J" code engine. So where did you get that in regard to my post that you quoted?? I'm not going to argue the point, I just don't see where a '66 J code came into the conversation? Once again, just to be CLEAR, a "J" code engine in "1967" is a 426 HEMI.

OK Rip, I wasn't before, but now I am confused what you're talking about. ALL of my posts were in regard to the "1967" model year. NOWHERE did I mention anything about a "1966" model "J" code engine. So where did you get that in regard to my post that you quoted?? I'm not going to argue the point, I just don't see where a '66 J code came into the conversation? Once again, just to be CLEAR, a "J" code engine in "1967" is a 426 HEMI.

I surrender. . .

Sounds like the general consensus is it's a 350hp with a different carb. I will eventually check the block number and the other stamping on the base of the carb and let you know what I find.

Back