What is the max size tire you can run on a 74 Fury III 15x6 rims?

Reliabilityman

Reaction score
Does anyone know the maximum tire size you can run on their 74 fury III with 15x6 rims? Door tag says 215's are the max, but they look small on this car. I was hoping to get to a 225 70 R15 or larger?

OEM sizes went up to P235/75R-15. No problem. IF you feel the need to go "70-series", the general rule is still to keep the tread width within 1 inch of the rim width, so the tread will not bow convexly. You could probably go to P235/70R-15 (close to the old H70-15 size), too.

The tag on the B-pillar is for the MINIMUM tire size to support the weight of the car, not the max size you can use. As to weight capacity.

CBODY67

P235/75-15.
I think I have said this 13,788 times in the last 12 years
Nothing has changed nor will it ever.

OEM sizes went up to P235/75R-15. No problem. IF you feel the need to go "70-series", the general rule is still to keep the tread width within 1 inch of the rim width, so the tread will not bow convexly. You could probably go to P235/70R-15 (close to the old H70-15 size), too.

The tag on the B-pillar is for the MINIMUM tire size to support the weight of the car, not the max size you can use. As to weight capacity.

CBODY67
Thanks

P235/75-15.
I think I have said this 13,788 times in the last 12 years
Nothing has changed nor will it ever.
Thanks just joined so I figured the question was asked many times before. Thanks for the information. My 215's are very dry rotted and I think they make the car sit to low anyway so wanted to get the maximum out of it

Commando is being modest as most people think he has mentioned this fact well more than twenty thousand times.:lol: Welcome to the forum by the way Reliabilityman. Ask away any thing you can't find yourself ,guy's like Commando know everything about these cars.

Commando is being modest as most people think he has mentioned this fact well more than twenty thousand times.:lol: Welcome to the forum by the way Reliabilityman. Ask away any thing you can't find yourself ,guy's like Commando know everything about these cars.
Cool thanks!

I ran P235/70R15 on the fronts, and P255/70R15 Radial T/A's on the rears with no problems.

Commando know everything about these cars.
There are guys here who have more knowledge just in their pinkie finger than I do in my whole body. Trust me on that. Take anything I say with a good dose of caution.
Example: TorqueFlites. Spin a lot of fluid and then the car moves...

235/75/15's for me all the way around. Thinking about widening and extra set of rallye wheels to 10" and adding 275's to the rear.

20230527_111409.jpg

Back