What is this?

Jeff

Reaction score
20170924_173712c.jpg
This was dangling from the wires going down to the starter. It was attached by fabric tape wrapped around that plastic clip to the left and around the starter wires. The fabric tape and the plastic clip look original. There is a small tab sticking out of the other side where the rectangular hole is. It looks some sort of heat shield, but I don't see any obvious places where it should be attached in the back of the engine compartment where it was hanging. This is a 1970 Fury. Does anyone else have this? If so, how should it attach? Thx.

PS - sorry about forgetting the picture the first time!

Last edited:
It's like the olden days.

maxresdefault.jpg

What you're describing sounds like a broken metal tang used to route the wiring away from the exhaust.

If we are looking at the same thing, it's probably a clip that attaches to the flange between floorpan and cowl.

Pics from my starter area in my 71.... 383
I think it shown in the top right of your first two pictures. It looks like it is attached to the cylinder head. Thank you.

View attachment 145800 This was dangling from the wires going down to the starter. It was attached by fabric tape wrapped around that plastic clip to the left and around the starter wires. The fabric tape and the plastic clip look original. There is a small tab sticking out of the other side where the rectangular hole is. It looks some sort of heat shield, but I don't see any obvious places where it should be attached in the back of the engine compartment where it was hanging. This is a 1970 Fury. Does anyone else have this? If so, how should it attach? Thx.

PS - sorry about forgetting the picture the first time!
This bracket attaches to the back of the cylinder head and holds the starter cable away from the exhaust manifold, I have a pic on my GT restoration page somewhere , I posted it around the area where I was rebuilding the engine.

Back