What to do with the parts car? Another resto?

I get it! You are right. I can't touch Darrell's car. This will go back together and someone else can restore it. I'm half way through harvesting parts. Just the rear door upper piece to go on the driver side.
image.jpg

I got my perfect bumper off, the other one goes back on tomorrow. Some rust-through but all there. I replaced the driver side corner lamp back there because the lens was cracked on the resto. Funny thing, the white car had perfect chrome but the black was worn off almost everywhere. Look at the trim back here. Chrome is almost perfect around the lights and window trim but the black all but vanished. And this was a 'woody delete car'. Paint is all original and it never had wood. Notice the white painted valance behind the bumper! The car is pretty clean! But I did buy it to resto originally.
image.jpg
Passenger side is Saturday. The green tape marks the pieces being replaced. Mostly because the donor car is perfect and the resto car has lot rash. I'm swapping as I go so the next guy (or gal) gets a whole car. Funny thing. This car has rocker molding, the woody does not.
image.jpg

This is all but the front seat of the resto. I will only swap out a few pieces from the donor car. Seats are good in both. It looks like the donor car had some kind of curtain system on the windows so there is hardware and holes in some of the plastic. Wagon interiors take up a lot of shop space! Donor car will end up whole. I even have a new dash pad I bought for it last summer that I will install anyway.
image.jpg

Damn, if your parts car is that nice, I want to see pics of the car you're restoring.

Back