What type of plastic was used in our cars?

go to play it again or replay and get a disc golf Frisbee and grind it up and see... if the plastic type is suitable, you will have a rainbow of colors to select from, and trash Frisbees are usually $2-3 ea.

try not to die -

- saylor

ABS is a type of plastic, PVC is another it is more rubbery or bouncy. ABS is more ridged type of hard plastic. There was a guy on FBBO that repaired a 68 Charger grill with acetone and pieces of black ABS drain pipe.

I am definitely going to try the acetone with ABS or PVC. I was taking a tour of a restoration outfit that does concourse type of restorations. My tour guide specialty was restoring the plastics and lens of the cars. He wouldn't give up his secrets but mentioned looking for the right color match of plastic for the repair. I am starting to think he may use this technique.

Doesn't anything made of plastic have a stamp on it somewhere saying what's it's made of? Like an acronym or a symbol? At least modern plastics do, so you know how to recycle it...

Doesn't anything made of plastic have a stamp on it somewhere saying what's it's made of? Like an acronym or a symbol? At least modern plastics do, so you know how to recycle it...
Looked it up... that started in 1988.

Back